kauffman21

Recently created.

Hello everyone, I have been an avid reader for a few months now, haven't posted too much, sorry for that. There is so much information here that I really haven't seen the need to ask questions or anything too much, I've been burning up the search bar though lol!! Anyways here are a few that my wife and I created lately. We live close to a Military installation so most of the things we do are military related in one way or another. So here they are, please leave a comment, I respect you guys' opinions as I read on this forum daily and feel like I have learned 99% of what I know from here, good or bad ;) We recently just started within the last 5 months....

Forgot to add: I create in photoshop or Illustrator (it's what ive always known), then vector with inkscape (thanks to advice on these boards!), then cut with signblazer.(flexi doesnt agree with my cutter, the UScutter SC model. 34".

I really like the second one, would you share that eps?

no problem. I created these myself, so feel free to use how you wish with no worries. But if someone happens to make a million or two...cut me in lol

Thanks, I am going to make that second one for a friend of mines wife!

I like them both, did you create that font for the second one or did you use a stock font? If so what is the font called?

Nice work!

I do wonder how well the fonts are vectoring though when you create, THEN vector... You would get much cleaner artwork as far as node quantity and edge sharpness if you started designing in inkscape.... No criticism, just thinking out loud here- Like I said- great work and Thanks for the EPS files :)

PS. You ought to creat the second one, also to say Marine wife, toughest job in the Corps.... Marine ones are popular in my area!

PS. You ought to creat the second one, also to say Marine wife, toughest job in the Corps.... Marine ones are popular in my area!

so you want kauffman to create something for you to sell? Youll give kauffman all the profits right?

Coaster, If you've been around here long, you would know that is not my method... just a mere suggestion for kauffman if they decide to sell things at shows or online. Customers ask for things like that!- Take a poke through my gallery, website, and facebook.

Granted, I do sell a fair amount of MVD graphics online, most of my graphics, are one-off and take me a fair amount of design time. One specific one is the word-world frog I redisigned a childs name into by hand- scanned, re-traced, cleaned and added my own gradients. 18hours in total (different sittings and revisions) to make it look just right for a good friend of mine's son who passed.

It may not have been your intention to sound that way but it sure did look like you just wanted him to recreate something for you to use. Running something through inkscape to help with a simple vector is one thing, but asking for a completely different design is something else.

I looked through your galleries, you seem very talented, and Im sure you could easily re-create one like your requesting. It just seemed shocking to see someone ask for more when they were already given the vector that was already offered.

You will find a lot of folks on here have no bones with logging in and asking for something with hopes someone will just give or create for them- and most everyone on here is willing to help whenever they can. Usually I am very quick to dive in and share a trace, a creation or otherwise. Skeet, Banner, Stetston, Rodger and Ash are all folks also more active than even I am- and most times are equally willing to share. There is a lot of give and take on the forum here- and the folks who only take- are often either ignored or told how to figure it out themselves.

I do appreciate anyone who shares things. Also there is a lot to be said about taking someone's design and modifying it in any way and calling it your own...

Again- Thanks Kauffman! :)

You will find a lot of folks on here have no bones with logging in and asking for something with hopes someone will just give or create for them- and most everyone on here is willing to help whenever they can. Usually I am very quick to dive in and share a trace, a creation or otherwise. Skeet, Banner, Stetston, Rodger and Ash are all folks also more active than even I am- and most times are equally willing to share. There is a lot of give and take on the forum here- and the folks who only take- are often either ignored or told how to figure it out themselves.

I do appreciate anyone who shares things. Also there is a lot to be said about taking someone's design and modifying it in any way and calling it your own...

Again- Thanks Kauffman! :)

+!

I don't know what it is but on every forum I visit for any length of time, always someone out there that just wants to be negative and start, ummm. stuff, when there isn't anything there...

Guess they just like confrontation and the drama of it all.

You do nice work VM! Keep it up! Alan

• Like 1

VM is always ready to lend a helping hand..I did not take the post as asking for a recreation but only as a suggestion as most creative folks do..An idea for some other branch of the service that the OP might have not thought of..As Vm stated MC sells great in his area and the OP might be able to cash in on VM's success..I notice when others help the helpless they get slammed for helping and when others don't help they get slammed...Hard to know which newbies are helping themselves and which are not..Time will tell..When you stir the pot those that can't or won't help drown...

• Like 1

WOW, for sure I did not mean to start anything here guys. Like I said I am just starting out and felt proud of the two I posted since my wife and I made them. (did not take stock images off internet). I have learned so much from this forum, reading for about 5-6 months then I created an account and have only posted a few times here and there bc you guys answer all of my questions thru 'SEARCH' imagine that! LOL. @VM, I understand what you mean, but in my area there are no Marines...maybe that is an excellent idea though. thanks for the help. Also about creating in Inkscape, I can see how it would help with fonts and such, however all I know how to do in Inkscape is trace. I need to play with it more in order to do that. Maybe a new project during downtime. Anyways thanks again everyone, it really helps boost confidence when your peers appreciate your work.The font is actually called ARMY, forget where I got it. 1001fonts maybe? Ive got hundreds of fonts so really there's no clue.

No problem... Nothing was started, just when things are said, things need to be clarified- New people that are actually ACTIVE on the forums are hard to come by- Great work!

What font did you use for "Wife" and the lower portion?

I didnt mean to start anything, Im new to this forum but Im very active on other forums. multiple accounts with 600+ posts. Ive seen a lot of new members come and spout off like I did. Never thought I would be one of them.

I respect all of you, your all very talented and Ive learned a lot from all of you. You wont get that from me again.

Yes this dog has his tail between his legs.

No big deal bud- Everyone is always welcome here, and make sure and stick around- once you get to know everyone here there is a wealth of information and experience here that not many know about.

They look great. I like them both. Thanks for posting and for sharing. I didn't take it although I might need to in the future. :)

Christi