matd81

First Cutter Budget Increase, Roland or Graphtec?

I am still looking to buy me first cutter but my budget has been increased. I have roughly narrowed it down to 4 different cutters, Graphtec CE-5000, Roland GX-24, Graphtec-8000, or Roland GX PRO 36". I need a cutter at least 24" wide but preferably 30" or 36" so that kinda rules out the 24" ones. I'm leaning toward the Roland GX-PRO 36", my biggest question is which one of these is the better deal,best quality for the price?

Mat

I haven't been lucky enough to use either machine but I know people who have used both and they all say Graphtec. When I am able to I will be buying one. I have read all the reviews and seen samples from both machines and it still seems Graphtec comes out on top.

I have the Graphtec FC7000-mk-75 And just love it, I have owned it since 2008 with never a problem,,, cuts perfect. Fc8000 is the updated version, been out a few years now though. You do get a media basket and more force 600 ... compared to 350 force according to website specs with the Roland GX pro. 36 I guess it depends on what your going to use the vinyl cutter for. There are a lot more Graphtec owners here,,,than Roland. I would purchase another Graphtec if I needed it.

Thanks guys, what about between the Roland GX PRO and the graphtec CE 5000 series?

Skeeter do you mean the graphtec 5000 over the Roland pro? I was wondering if anyone has a review on the Roland pro vs. the Graphtec 5000

• Like 1

I would always take a Graphtec...If I needed another cutter.. I purchased the CE5000-60 for my son last month. There are many Graphtec owners on here, who own the CE5000-60, They just cut smaller detailed images better. And more bang for your buck.

I only know 3 people with a Roland..and all of them love it and say they wouldn't have anything else. Just my 2p worth

Thanks for the input, I should have been a little more clear about the budget increase its between the Graphtec 5000-120 (48") or the Roland GX PRO 30 (30") for similar prices. I like the larger size and lower price on the Graphtec but according to the buying guide the Roland has a few more options. I'm leaning toward the Graphtec 5000, from what I've heard they do a nicer quality cutting job. Like Skeeter said I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for the input, I should have been a little more clear about the budget increase its between the Graphtec 5000-120 (48") or the Roland GX PRO 30 (30") for similar prices. I like the larger size and lower price on the Graphtec but according to the buying guide the Roland has a few more options. I'm leaning toward the Graphtec 5000, from what I've heard they do a nicer quality cutting job. Like Skeeter said I'm just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

So, what are the extra options that you are referring to, that the Roland has.?

Well according to the buying guide on here the Roland is faster and has more downforce to cut different material. But I did more research on graphtec's web site and because I'm looking at the graphtec CE5000-120 (48") that particular model actually has more downforce than the Roland. I'm leaning more to that graphtec now I think.

that is what I was reading. The Graphtec had more force.. And FAST, means nothing to me, as I run slow anyway. Maybe others run fast, but Mr300s and I run slow and ez.. LOL

• Like 1

Haha ya speed isnt a huge factor for me as long as its accurate. So at this point I think the graphtec is the way to go.

that is what I was reading. The Graphtec had more force.. And FAST, means nothing to me, as I run slow anyway. Maybe others run fast, but Mr300s and I run slow and ez.. LOL

Second this notion... I run only a 6-8 on my graphtec when the silly thing goes up past 20- NO NEED FOR THAT! Half the time, which is what I am known for in my area is detailed vinyl, as well as layered. Neither of which speed is important. My sentiment is you can be slow and accurate, or fast and sloppy. My old laserpoint- if you ran it on top speed, it couldn't even center the openings of letters to save it's life (a,e,o,b,d etc..)

• Like 1

I have the FC 8000 54" cutter..I run it on 45 out of 60 all day almost every day..I do large bulk runs of decals..Not so much as detailed as everyday retail customers..I usually don't sell to the public anymore...If I ran on 5 or 6 I would never get anything done at all..LOL..

For me it's all about fast and ship..Fast and ship..The less time I spend on cutting the more I can get out the door...My Graphtec seems as acurate on 45 as it does on 25..Maybe I just got a god one...Of coarse I don't think you could get a bad Graphtec in my OP...

If your interested MATD81 PM me and I will give you my sales gals number..She will give you a few pointers and a better option for a cutter maybe...

LOL, If I didn't run a little slower, I wouldn't have time to talk with the great people on here. I answer questions while my cutter is cutting LOL

But I work out of my house.. Not full time, like Stetson...

• Like 1

If your interested MATD81 PM me and I will give you my sales gals number..She will give you a few pointers and a better option for a cutter maybe...

Stetty , Stetty .. Stetty , I assume that is the other supplier you are promoting ( on USCutter's forum ) . I hope I am wrong & that means that USCutter has a sales gal now :) . I have found USCutter's slogan " Always the best value " to be true . If checking out other's prices ( common sense ) consider how the companies do business , USCutter gives tech support even to competitor's cutters 4_EVER .. What I read , was the other company give so much tech support & after that is was charged by the hour .... I would like to hear the other companies answer to if they would give free tech support to a cutter they did not sell . :lol: I think some loyalty should be shown , not by buying a new cutter somewhere else & then coming here for the benifits . I fear causing hard feelings with Stetty as I consider him a buddy , but promoting another company on USCutter's forum is unlike what i thought about him . Many have gotten busines from this forum along with the help . I would never want to be a Mod , but i think they should turn me loose with the delete button every once in awhile :lol::bear::angel: . I would love to see the same thing done with the other comapny & see how that goes :lol:

LOL, If I didn't run a little slower, I wouldn't have time to talk with the great people on here. I answer questions while my cutter is cutting LOL

But I work out of my house.. Not full time, like Stetson...

I will second that as well!! Me too... I have been experimenting with faster speeds- and the FC7000 I picked up from Names will be here on Tuesday as well. Ended up having to borrow from the bank so I could buy both cutters I wanted on here.

Stetty , Stetty .. Stetty , I assume that is the other supplier you are promoting ( on USCutter's forum ) . I hope I am wrong & that means that USCutter has a sales gal now :) . I have found USCutter's slogan " Always the best value " to be true . If checking out other's prices ( common sense ) consider how the companies do business , USCutter gives tech support even to competitor's cutters 4_EVER .. What I read , was the other company give so much tech support & after that is was charged by the hour .... I would like to hear the other companies answer to if they would give free tech support to a cutter they did not sell . :lol: I think some loyalty should be shown , not by buying a new cutter somewhere else & then coming here for the benifits . I fear causing hard feelings with Stetty as I consider him a buddy , but promoting another company on USCutter's forum is unlike what i thought about him . Many have gotten busines from this forum along with the help . I would never want to be a Mod , but i think they should turn me loose with the delete button every once in awhile :lol::bear::angel: . I would love to see the same thing done with the other comapny & see how that goes :lol:

I do tend to agree Rodger- I know my local sign supply store is a bit bent at the nose that I shop with USC at all- and I bought cutters offline instead of from them (*their price on a CE5000-60, mind you, is almost 1950$!!!) SO there IS a time to support local as well, I buy most of my coro, sintra, alumalite etc- from THEM... and then my vinyls from USC even when I am in a pinch because it takes THEM 3 days to get special order vinyl. So if they have it, last minute roll, 10yds, of 651 can cost me $35.

I did notice that the graphtec cutters have all gone up about 100$ in the past year or so, dissappointing really. I did find when I bought mine- that a lot of the nonsense that came with the 5000, I never used. The greenstar vinyl, I can't even sell to my friends or give away....- it just doesnt meet my standards. Gave away the squeegees, and using the spray bottle and app fluid is all which I DO like. So, if you could buy just the cutter for a little less that would be a deal too. Also one of the other unmentionable suppliers, offers a trade up program if you buy supplies from them... which for a small shop with a brick and mortar store, starting out, would work great too!

My friend I did not promote any other company on this site and have not done so..I mearly offered a private conversation upon which I would relay a phone number of a salesperson to the poster..

You may take from that post what you want my friend..I did not imply nor demean this forum and its availability to help those in need of help and alot of those that won't help themselves. As someone who has been helped ALOT and try to help others when I can find this forum emensly helpful....As Vm stated sometimes you have to stray from USC from time to time...I am sure you have and possibly do from time to time..AND I would be lieing if I said I don't..As well as others here would say they get stuff from other vendors..Competition is what makes the world revolve in my opinion...An informed decision is a smart one...

USC has been great for everything I purchase from them and has way above the grade on their service as well..NEVER would I knock that by any means!!!

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ME POST A LINK OR NUMBER OR PROMOTE ANOTHER VENDOR HERE?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!...

I may have discussed other vendors and state I have purchased stuff from them..But never have I promoted another over USC... That I can remember...I am getting older ya know...

My loyalty stays with whom I have always had positive purchasing and exceptional service ...

Hey Stetty , I understand & think highly of you . I don't pretend to buy solely from USCutter & have even listed on here a guy on e-bay that sells cut off rolls of vinyl that comes in great for text lines ( 3'+ & does not directly compete with what USC sells ) . For me , posting an offer to a sales gal where she would offer a better option for a cutter is what I think is not right ( especially since I remember you posting about a sales gal who works for **** ********* , that company has been much less than honorable towards USC in the past ) . I think honesty is a major part of a freindship , so there ya got it :) . You were probably a bit tired from the long trips you have been making !!!