Sign in to follow this  
allted

sc cutter Skips cuts?

So i wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything dumb so I waited a while to report this.

Seems as if my cutter has a memory hole. If i cut something smal no problem, if I cut a whole series It will skips cuts in a few patterns.

If I repeat the jjob a different day ex. 12 small words in a row, it will miss the same cut. not that the design is missing anything, the 10th copy will miss the same cut each time.

I'm not trying the same design each time either. It's as if it will skip, say cut 45, and keep going, then skip cut 90.

I doubt this makes sense but it keeps happening, what should I do?

If you are not already try and use a serial connection. I had the same issue with my cutter on USB once I switched to a serial connection I have not had a problem yet.

• Like 1

I agree with the Dr., I also have an Sc cutter in which i had the same problem. I was using the usb and if i would cut out 10-15 at a time, my cutter would skip some letters or lines or even stop cutting even though the led screen said it was still cutting. Switched to the serial connection and flew through them! If your already using the serial connection, push the cutters reset button to clear the machine and try it then.

• Like 1

Sweet Thanks, bummer that I don't have a serial port on my new "design" computer. I guess I'll buy an older compter on cragslist or something.

Thanks again for the help!

Sweet Thanks, bummer that I don't have a serial port on my new "design" computer. I guess I'll buy an older compter on cragslist or something.

Thanks again for the help!

You can get a keyspan adapter if you don't want to change computers.