AAndrews19

Free time today

Very Sharp!!! What did you do to obtain the wood grain look?

- Find a high resolution image for your texture.

Search google images for 'wood grain' 'weathered wood' 'wood' etc.

Using illustrator:

- Fill your art board with a tan/light brown box (or try other colors for different results).

- Open wood image, then copy it.

- Switch back to your work, and paste.

- Resize wood image if necessary, but keep it a little larger than your art board.

- Make another box the size of your art board, but make this one white.

- Place it over the wood image, and select both the white box, and wood image.

- Press ctrl/cmnd - 7 to make a clipping mask. Now you will have your white box filled with the wood image.

- Align that over your original color.

- open your transparency window, and set to overlay. Adjust transparency % to your liking.

Very nice, What printer are you using?

I don't own a printer. I've been subbing out to Signs365.com. Wish I had my own.

Off topic and I apologise- How is the product quality with signs365?> Seems like they offer fantastic wholesale pricing and aren't too far from me for shipping times!!! Also offer lamination of prints which is awesome.

Off topic and I apologise- How is the product quality with signs365?> Seems like they offer fantastic wholesale pricing and aren't too far from me for shipping times!!! Also offer lamination of prints which is awesome.

The print quality is good. I've used them for a few lawn sign jobs, as well as a few banners. Just gotta make sure you send them PMS#s if you want the colors to be dead on. The first two jobs I had them print were slightly off, but it didn't matter for those. The next job I supplied them with Pantone numbers from my Illustrator file, which was sufficient enough for them to match (I don't own any color books, yet).

On the other hand... This print had a few problems when it arrived. Not print-wise, but handling-wise. There was a big smudge of some sort of adhesive on it, as well as a small gash in another spot, and the trim was crooked as hell. Also, a few weeks ago, I recieved 50 lawn signs... all of which had finger prints on them. Clearly the guy working on them didn't give a damn that the ink was still wet when picking them up.

I am actually contacting them today regarding both issues, and I have pictures of all the problems, so we'll see where it goes.

Looks good but I don't really like how the letter "Q" looks in the word Quality

I guess it's good that it's not your logo! B)

Taking care of the issue with Signs365 was fast and painless. They offered me a reorder, but since I installed the banged up print anyway, I declined. Since it was for my personal workspace, I really didn't care. None of the issues prevented me from making it work. If this was for a customer I definitely would have reordered and postponed the install.

So long story short... their customer service is solid. I have received plenty of prints in perfect condition, so I will continue to use them.

I guess it's good that it's not your logo! B)

I agree 100% with you there. It looks more like the number 2 than the letter Q, maybe its just me ;D

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, Signs365 credited me $30 towards my next order. Approx. 75% the cost of the print, before shipping. Not bad.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, Signs365 credited me $30 towards my next order. Approx. 75% the cost of the print, before shipping. Not bad.

I have been using a company out of Georgia- which has done me well on banners (about 1.65/sq ft) with sewn hems, free grommets or pole pockets and 9.99 flat rate shipping... However their printing for adhesive media is never laminated and they ONLY use orajet calendared media, don't offer contour cuts, and for small stuff it seems like the print DPI isn't high enough or has lines through it on just about anything. So I quit ordering anything but banners from them. Looks like I will try out this place for future orders as well as half/full wraps until I get my printer since they offer lam'd 3m Control Tac :)