Tomtheman2

Any alternatives to SignCut Pro?

Hi, I have recently bought a mh 721 and got it set up with sign cut pro. To my annoyance, I have found that you have to pay for the program on a time based payment.

I really do not believe companies should do this. I am only making small stickers as a hobby and cannot justify the $300 odd for the whole program.

Is there another alternative that is cheaper to buy outright or is free?

SignCut Pro is perfect for me as i make up all my designs in Illistrator and send them straight to SC.

Is there another program that can do the same thing?

Thanks in advanced.

Tom.,

Tom , It is hard for a company to stay in business if they don't make money by charging . I don't like subscriptions as much as buying software outright , but subscriptions help the updates etc . There is a cheaper monthly subscription for SignCut . I don't know about working with mac , but InkScape is free & excellant .

when you consider that many professional cutting software cost $1000 and UP, even if the have a mac version, $300 doesn't look too bad. The mac version of Flexi Starter could be had for around $119 all over the place until SAI got greedy and upped the price. Which I find odd since they haven't done an upgrade in a LONG time and have stated that they have no intention of doing so for the mac platform.

Best bet..IF you have an intel Mac, buy a version of Windows XP and install it...they can be had for $50. Then download and use SignBlazer.It's free.