top53

First Big Job

This is my 1st big job, just started cutting in Dec. 2011. Everyone has been so helpful in getting me started on the right track. I just wanted to post these for my log. Any comments would be appreciated. Any miss spellings is probably due to the fact that we are down south and talk different. Ha Ha! The little man is about 24" x 48" and has 4 layers, 5 counting the CFS on the hat and because I only have a 15 inch cutter I had to tile the black and white. Next thing on my list is a 24" cutter. Anyone have an old Graphtec ,Roland or Copam they are thinking about turning lose soon PM me

post-20981-0-22909700-1335377022.jpg

post-20981-0-37236700-1335377087.jpg

Way to go!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here place their own self-promotional 'signature' onto a finished job such as this one?

• Like 1

Nice job! amazing how you did it all with a 15" plotter.

If you dont mind me asking whats the general ball park you charged the customer for that?

• Like 1

Way to go!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here place their own self-promotional 'signature' onto a finished job such as this one?

I will put a small decal in a corner on some on lit signs I put a decal on the exterior usaly just a small one or a for service call 555_123_4567

Thanks, everyone for the comments. The parchment trick worked wonders for the man logo.

Great job you get the 24" you could graduate to a greyhound bus...

• Like 1

mr300s, exactly what I was thinking. :rolleyes: I did put some horse on a car in two color thinking about posting them,

the customer loved them and I guess that is what counts.

Looks awsome.... What is this parchment trick you are talking about? I am always wanting to learn new tricks.

What order did you apply that guy in, color wise? Just trying to see the 15" pieces in my head and it isnt working, Very impressive.

• Like 1

Looks awsome.... What is this parchment trick you are talking about? I am always wanting to learn new tricks.

What order did you apply that guy in, color wise? Just trying to see the 15" pieces in my head and it isnt working, Very impressive.

I installed the little guy in this order white, black, the blue, yellow and red did not matter. All were installed directly to the trailer one at a time dry. Using parchment paper. Mask the white and install, than mask the next layer and remove the silcone vinly paper backing and put a piece of parment paper over the white and install the black layer. The vinly will not stick to the parchment paper and you can see thru it to line up the following layers. Hope this make since, if not just ask and I will try to do better explaining it. I learned this somewhere on this board, I wish I could remember where so I could give proper credit. By the way parchment paper can be bought at the grocery store sold as cookie sheet paper.

I did a 1/4 lap on the black and white because my cutter only cuts a little over 14" hardly noticeable even up close. I chose to overlap instead of a butt joint to allow for shrinkage, which I also learned on this site.

• Like 2

It doesnt make total sense to me, I will get some and play around layering with it and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks

Hoppy, I was afraid this was not being to clear. Let me know which part and I will try to explain it better

The trailer came out really nice, I'm just curious what kind of vinyl did you use for that?

• Like 1