AISRob

Uneven Cutting Pressure (MH721)

About a week after I purchased my MH721, I started noticing that the right side of my vinyl isn't cut as deep as the right side, making weeding very difficult and resulting in a lot of wasted material. The blade depth is set correctly, as the rest of the material cuts correctly. Ideas?

Is your blade staying all the way down ? In the holder that is. see if it is not riding up a bit i got that when i first started cutting. i just tightened the blade holder clamp a bit more till it stopped it. they need to make catches on it that go inside the clamp or below it. lol

^ I was just thinking about the blade holder needing a revision, lol. But that shouldn't be the problem. It only happens within like three inches of the right-most area of the media. All the rest is fine.

make sure there isn't something in the rail track, along where the carriage travels. Make sure carriage head is firmly in track. Make sure there is no vinyl scraps in the blade holder. A drop of light oil for blade to spin freely.

push firmly down on your cutting strip all the way across

See if there is a scratch in the cutting strip on that side