xstar

Illustrator cs5 to FlexiPro wrong colors?

Hello guys, I have a question im trying to figure out and its driving me nuts.

Why isnt the orange the same in flexi after i import it from ai? Ive tryed converting to pdf,eps,tiff ect and it

just not the same? Have a look at the picture i included of both side by side.

Thanks

XSTAR

post-23542-0-25483100-1335032755.jpg

You most likely have 2 different color libraries selected. Make sure the color libraries are from the same source in each program. You can load custom libraries in from most all the big vinyl companies and most all of them have a little different twist on the RGB's to arrive at a certain color.

Thanks for the reply ill look into that, google here we go...

At the top near your color pallet theres the soft color button sometimes it helps...Other than that I usually ungroup your graphic and select the background..Get your percentages of the color from AI and change them in Flexi...Most of the time when AI saves the colors it slightly changes my color percentages..Just had a black banner yesterday save the black as a off black instead id 100% K,,Fixed the AI file 3 times before just doing the fix in flexi myself..Flexi is fickeled that way..Works good most of the time..Also have you upgraded your Flexi to 10.5..There is a glitch in the upgrade..Just had to get a full install file from Flexi and not go thru the upgrade to fix mine..But still has the AI color issue..Also import your file instead of drag and dropping it..Colors change when DnD is used more often..What profile are you using..If your using Orajet 3165 Bi Dir 2 it lays way too much majenta and will change the printed colors too the eye....SW came up with a great replacement depending on what printer you have.. Just a few rambling thoughts hope it helps...