Zai2289

Intermittent cutting of files

I have one problem file that doesn't seem to cut, I managed to get it to cut once after redrawing it in illustrator but since that it will not cut again, even if I redraw again!

I am running 10.7 with key span adapter with the correct drivers & signcut pro, using a creation pcut.

It seem to cut other files, but a bit temperamentally. Some files it cuts absolutely fine, whilst it gets stuck on a file that it has cut before. The status window comes up & the cutter says its waiting, however the blade moves to the far left and stays there, I have set the origin in the right place but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Please help, am getting extremely frustrated & sign cut aren't being very helpful!

Any suggestions much appreciated

Is your plotter grounded and are you shutting it off between cuts and look in the printer fax section and make sure there are no files waiting to cut. also restart your computer. i get that issue every now and again and that is what i do to solve it.

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by grounded? There is nothing waiting in the queue, i have restarted the computer as well as turned the cutter off and on!

It seems to have started cutting the file just now but doesn't complete it as the blade travels to the far left and gets stuck there.

Are you using an EARTHED PIN 220v cable? That is what they mean with grounded to reduce static build up.

Is the machine located on a thick ENGLISH carpet floor?

If you take the pen and paper in the machine instead of vinyl and knife and you send the files does it work?

If you take simple designs does it work?

Paco