Sign in to follow this  
aaron hooper

vinyl express r31 cuts parts of letters off

im using flexi on a vinyl express r31 speed 200 pressure 140.

im doing a say 20 stickers with just an "ML" and about 3 of every 20 will have the L cut in half and im kinda stuck. any help would be greatly apreciated. photo attached.post-24424-0-90643100-1334690918.jpg

Is the cutter grounded? Are you suing usb or serial connection? Have you been able to cut something like this before? What size are the stickers(each one)?

I have the same machine and found that the usb just isn't consistent but once I went to serial connection, it cut alot better.

Give me a little more info and I'll try to help! Alan

I am having a similar Problem with my R-II Series 31" cutter. my problem though is it throws weed lines in where I don't want them, and doesn't complete cuts it just made on the previous stencil. I set it to cut 9 copies and maybe 6 of the 9 will be affected. 3 clean cut copies and never the same position or done with any obvious logical order.

I found a 9 pin socket on the cutter and I have a 9 pin socket on the Computer so I am going to try this - certainly can't hurt!

1. If I go to get a cable, are they all wired the same? The sockets I mean, I am assuming pin one at one end of the cable is going to be pin one at the other end.

2. And in reading about Static and the cutter, I see that grounding the frame of the cutter to the stand should help, but the wheels are ABS or PVC plastic and in my case, sitting in carpet.

3. How would I properly ground my cutter with this set up?

4. Will the Software find the port or do I do this manually?

No pressing jobs(yet), not concerned yet with testing with vinyl (though I am cutting a lot!) I want to find a way to make sure I can send to cut and have it cut the blasted files reliably.

Thanks,

Super K

Edited by Super

i have a R 31 vinyl express and if i cut L-316048 or any thing like this the stuff to the rt like the 316048 gets cut threw to the back and rips vinyl but by the time it gets to the L it doesnt  cut threw vinyl i played with the cutter its just stickes out of the holder holder is about 1/4 in from vinyl played with pressure