Guest fivestar

Can you guess?

Guest fivestar

Can you guess which cutter cut which file?  One was cut with a US Cutter Refine, another was cut with a Graphtec and the other one was cut with the "almighty" Roland.  Anyone who seen this at another forum please don't spill the beans.   :)

post-0-12986515784937_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515798841_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515834006_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515834546_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Play the audio and I'll tell you what one is cutting. :)

Guest fivestar

Play the audio and I'll tell you what one is cutting.

LMAO that is a good answer.  How about if I put a price tag beside each picture, that would probably tell you too. :)

Guest fivestar

I think the middle one was the uscutter...

You are correct, middle one was done by me with US Cutter Refine, the top one was done by the Graphtec and the bottom was by the Roland.  Now I'd have to say our little "el cheapo, made in china" machines that everyone says aren't worth a dime can cut as good as those "top of the line" machines. 

I just thought I'd share that little "test" with you guys in case there is people who are still wondering if these machines will cut very well.

Fivestar, thanks for that great comparison.  In my opinion the Graphtec did the worst when it came to the smallest stars.....

Now I wonder, do you know if the other 2 were done with the same kind of vinyl you used, or should it not matter??

Jenny

PS makes me want to go try that now.  :)

Guest Terry

Alot of things matter... Speed, vinyl, software, force, computer, calibration, offset etc...  Lots

I understand a lot of factors could of been played in this comparison... but not only did it cut the best, but it cut the straightest as well.

Guest Terry

Play the audio and I'll tell you what one is cutting.

LMAO that is a good answer.  How about if I put a price tag beside each picture, that would probably tell you too. :)

:);D:huh:

Pretty cool post though.

Guest fivestar

Terry mine was cut at 8 IPS and an old 45 degree blade, while the Roland was cut at 10 cm/s with 45 degree blade and the Graphtec was cut with 45 degree blade at 20 cm/s according to the people who cut them.

Guest Terry

Think you could post just one sections of the stars so I can see if mine cuts that nice? those are pretty small stars. Would like to see if mine is that close.

Guest fivestar

BTW, these were done with heatpress vinyl so that's one reason why it can cut so small as heatpress vinyl stays stuck to the backing.

Guest Terry

Ok first off... Thank you for posting the file, Second... I'm sold! I never knew the heat vinyl held better. Third... I cut it on a crap section of vinyl, 45 blade, offset 25, force 70, speed 12, and it cut PERFECT, but I didn't feel like weeding the small stars out so they did lift without taking care, but as you can see they ALL stayed in line and cut. Look at picture with windows picture view so you can use magnifie glass to enlarge and you will see the cut marks on backing all in line. EXCELLENT post thank you. Oh, one more thing I cut it at 8x8inches.

PS.... My Graphtec cut the same as my Refine 721 on that file.

post-0-1298651579952_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515834799_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Ok I just grab the vinyl and ripped the sheet off without weeding it just for the heck of it, surprized that many stars stayed on because I just pulled it real quick. Almost all the bottom row stars stayed on in the center bottom row, I got six out of nine stars, and it looks like you got eight out of nine with heat vinyl.When I pulled it off.. Tiny stars popped off and flew all over me, I have them stuck everyplace. :)

post-0-12986515802063_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515837068_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

I actually got 10 out of 10 on most rows.  Here is a pic zoomed out.  BTW, I pretty much "gripped and ripped" mine too when weeding.  BTW, Terry I didn't realize you had a Graphtec and by no means was a trying to "dis" their product or Roland, I was simply showing how well these as other people put it " cheap Chinese made junk" machines cut.

Oh yes you can cut so much more detail with heatpress vinyl then you can with sign vinyl too.

post-0-12986515804241_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986515839138_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Terry I didn't realize you had a Graphtec and by no means was a trying to "dis" their product or Roland,

I wasn't thinking that at all. :)  :)

There will always be people who think the 'name' is worth all of that extra money. The shoes I buy at the dollar store for $12 last just as long as those $100 Nikes my brother wears.

I do agree that heat applied vinyl can do better on smaller detail. 

Jenny

I think this will be a great thread to send potential customers to that may have any doubts about how our cutters compare in cutting quality to the name brand units.

The USCutter community ROCKS!!

:)

• Like 1