koletsb

Printers comparable to the Workforce 1100

I am getting into the printing side, starting small and after a lot of research, I have seen a lot of people talking about the Workforce 1100. I have been trying to find it around but they seem to be disappearing so I was wondering if anyone knew someone selling a used one or what are some printers comparable to it it get started?

You may want to look into the Epson Stylus Photo 1400. You can find a refurb under $200.00 many times at the epson store. http://www.epson.com...es&oid=63072161 . Add a CIS for another $49.00 and you have a great large format printer that is photo quality. If you need more info let me know Ill try to help.

post-3809-0-54853300-1334327497.jpg

I found a OUT OF BOX demo Epson workforce 1100 at staples today for $99.99. Please get with me ASAP if you are interested in this printer.

I have an extra 1100 new in box, never opened, bought for backup that I would be willing to let go. 100.00 plus shipping from De.

Sold

:-\ :-\ :-\ Hello from Canada. As you are probably aware, I cannot locate a WF1100 anywhere in Canada. I have found an Epson 7010 for $149.00 here in Canada. Is this printer good for decals and sublimation and such? Any idea where I would purchase the appropriate ink for this in Canada? If I was to use this for decals, is it a different ink than if I wanted to sublimate? I really have searched this forum, but I am still confused. Sorry to be a headache, but my birthday is coming up and family are asking what I would like. Any information regarding the above would be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

:-\ :-\ :-\ Hello from Canada. As you are probably aware, I cannot locate a WF1100 anywhere in Canada. I have found an Epson 7010 for $149.00 here in Canada. Is this printer good for decals and sublimation and such? Any idea where I would purchase the appropriate ink for this in Canada? If I was to use this for decals, is it a different ink than if I wanted to sublimate? I really have searched this forum, but I am still confused. Sorry to be a headache, but my birthday is coming up and family are asking what I would like. Any information regarding the above would be greatly appreciated. :unsure:

PM Sent!

:unsure: Markwq, could you please pm me once more and give me the web address of the CISS Epson ink in Canada. Computer crashed and I can't remember it. Thank you so much... What kind of ink for decals? :blink:

Just ordered an Epson 7010 today. Can't wait to play with it. Could someone please let me know what kind of ink to use in this printer, to print decals? Any idea where I can purchase this ink, hopefully CISS (?) in Canada? Thanks again for your time...

I received my 2nd epson 7010 yesterday. 1 has pigment ink for vinyl printing and T-shirt transfers. The new one has Hi temp ink for sublimation. The expert on this is Mr300, He gave me a lot of info to get started. I bought both from Cobraink.com I didnt want to have to rig my own. Richard does a very professional job and all tubing is done correctly, not just slung over the top. I just did my first 2 mouse pads and thay are just ok, not great.

Mark

post-21291-0-85473300-1336792679.jpg

post-21291-0-96760300-1336792696.jpg

Thanks for the information, but does anyone know where I can purchase ink in Canada? Thanks much...

I don't think George St Pierre sells ink :) ... I don't know where to buy anything in Canada , I would think " Googgle it " would apply there also . Stetty ( Stenston ) has been making a bunch of trips up there , he might chime in & offer his advice :lol: .

So the ink that i need to purchase is "pigment ink", to print decals on vinyl, correct? Any idea where I can purchase Papilio paper or similar in Canada? The hardest thing so far with my cutting is finding suppliers in Canada. All help is very much appreciated.

Is there any glossy white inkjet vinyl that will work for the 1100?

If you need it shiney you will have to laminate it. It has to be matt or the ink wont bond. You will have to go with a pro printer and solvent or ribbon to go with the shiney vinyl. As a hobiest or pro that does not have a lot of work it is hard to justify a printer that cost thousands.

Okay thats what I thought, but I wanted to make sure just in case. Thanks for the help