Sign in to follow this  
jtwalker1

Can't get signcut to actually start cutting

I get a nice view of what it is going to cut in the preview, but when I hit cut. it just sets there with the estimated time and Remaining time going up and up. but never starts the cutting process.

I am at a loss as to why it wont actually start the cutting process.

as soon as I hit print the machine switches to waiting. so they are talking to each other, it just never starts cutting.

The timers will even hit like 500 hours before I turn it all off and try again

as soon as I hit print the machine switches to waiting. so they are talking to each other, it just never starts cutting.

The timers will even hit like 500 hours before I turn it all off and try again

You are cutting, not printing...your vinyl cutter does not set up like a printer .....and you don't click print. put in a support ticket to uscutter. You have no info here to help you. We don't know what cutter you are using, (you don't state) or what operating system, or how are you connected, Usb or Serial.? Without info, we can only guess your problem..

I have a 24" laserpoint cutter, running windows vista pro. connected via usb. I did get sign pro to start the status bar and to finish on screen, however the machine just said waiting and never started cutting anything. I checked the box use windows serial setting to make it do that.

Still trying other items. I did replace the usb cable to see if that was the problem, but still got the same issues

I have a 24" laserpoint cutter, running windows vista pro. connected via usb. I did get sign pro to start the status bar and to finish on screen, however the machine just said waiting and never started cutting anything. I checked the box use windows serial setting to make it do that.

Still trying other items. I did replace the usb cable to see if that was the problem, but still got the same issues

Did you go into device manager, and make sure the com port # is matching the com port number in Signcut. ? Most times when you unplug and replug your usb cable, you are assigning a new comport # in device manager, If your going to unplug and replug your cable, you should do it with the computer off. If that doesn't work, put a support ticket into USCutter. They can remote your computer. And it is always better to run your cutter on a Keyspan adapter or serial cable for better communication and connection. Unless you have a high end cutter, like a Roland or Graphtec.

okay, I think I see what is happening, it is communicating fine now, but the second I hit cut it sends the head over to the limit switch and stops everything.

Did you click ORIGIN on your vinyl cutter, before you hit cut? You have to click ORIGIN first. so the vinyl cutter knows where to start.

Vinyl cutters cut right to left.

You will need to read your user manual, and here is a great read for all new people. Download in first post. I don't own your type of vinyl cutter, nothing more I can help you with.

Oaky, finally found the issue, it is working now. Thank you so much for you help. The link you provided gave me the answer I needed. Someone else set up the machine to start and he did it wrong, once I corrected those errors everything started working just fine

Oaky, finally found the issue, it is working now. Thank you so much for you help. The link you provided gave me the answer I needed. Someone else set up the machine to start and he did it wrong, once I corrected those errors everything started working just fine

Your welcome, glad you got it. Good luck with your venture.

Just remember in the future, the more info you can provide in your question, the better someone can help you. You can put all your necessary info in your signature, and you won't have to keep repeating it. Look in my signature, You can see all my info. You do that in your profile account .

Nice the manual is still helping people out.

Paco

Read the new bie manual and solve the problem too...............

Paco