Hey everyone!

Was wondering if you guys offer your customers some sort of disclaimer on invoice or in person about not bein responsible for weather damage(peeling, fading) vandalism, etc on stickers, banners, signs.

I was thinking of adding something on the bottom of the invoice of not being responsible for any damages done outside my control. I was also looking to add something about accepting proofs verbally or written and order will be printed as is,etc.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!

I understand maybe doing that with intricate decals & if doing many decals .. Me , I just give them another decal if they have any complaint . "IF " they have any morals , they do someting to compensate if it isn't fair ... if they don't .. Oh Well . better them than me !!! Making a customer happy is the best advertising money you can spend .

I have never had an issue with a customer getting upset about the life of vinyl. I have had a few customers come back and say the neighbor kid picked off a few of their letters or it happened at the store but all of them have had the sense to understand that has NOTHING to do with me or my product. The vinyls I use are all at least a 5 year vinyl and anything that is special like the carbon fiber and chrome I tell the customer that it only has a 2 year life span against fading. Personally Luckily I have never had a customer come back and say something I installed faded or peeled off. If you use a quality product and do a proper install it should never be an issue.

Funny thing happened to me, i landed a baseball account for window decals, 4 people called me unhappy saying their vinyl dont look right and is messed up, not sticking. Well i ran to each of their houses immediatly, to give them new decals. Come to find out, the vinyl was good but they failed to pull the application tape off the window, it was the tapp tape peeling. They laughed with embarresment and all of them tried to pay me for the new vinyls i made, but i declined their payment telling them it was no problem. Since then they have all been returning customers! ( I even included directions )

In 8 years I have had one complaint...and it was that the banner material didn't hold up.(2 weeks after I shipped) I asked for a pic and he sent one.It did look bad. So I asked him to return the banner at my expense.he did. Once I got it and looked at it, I could see tire tracks on it,and obvious places where steel wool had been used to try and clean it. I surmised that the problem was that he didn't properly secure the banner,it blew down,got run over,etc.he got a new banner...but he paid for it.End of story.

I have not had that issue yet... I did have one gal email me that her stick family (with family name) was cut backwards... turns out she installed it on the INSIDE of the window- exactly where I suggested she did not put it. So after several unhappy emails from her and explaining to her it needed to be on the outside she begrudgingly allowed me to cut her another one.

UGH. Anyone else have this issue? --- I explained that as the adhesive side isn't as UV friendly as the front... it usually was MORE desireable to put it on the outside. So cost me 3$ to cut another and mail it the next day is all. No biggie- but who knows.

Some people!

As far as disclaimers go- some are good, but too many or overly obvious ones can deter cautious or suspicious buyers from actually buying. I have NEVER in 2 years had to re-do one that wasn't my bad in the end from a mistake I made let alone had an unhappy customer. 1 in 2 years is NOT bad at all. I have no disclaimers.