Sign in to follow this  
mrobbins

MH721 trouble

Hello. I bought an MH721 and for a while it worked great but now I'm starting to have trouble. It seems as if one side of the cutter may cut deeper than the side the blade originally sits. Therefore if I am doing small logos, text etc., I have to use my exacto blade to follow the line because it doesn't cut deep enough to weed easilly. It seems as if the farther away the blade gets from its resting point, the better it cuts. Therefore if i am doing large cuts, half the cut weeds much easier than the other half. I have changed blades, adjusted cutting speed and pressures. Any advice of information is greatly appreciated. If it makes a difference, I am using greenstar vinyl and regardless of how I load the vinyl I continue to have trouble. Thanks in advance!

Give it more pressure. If it starts to cut all of the way through, adjust the blade in so it isn't sticking out as far.

Hello. I bought an MH721 and for a while it worked great but now I'm starting to have trouble. It seems as if one side of the cutter may cut deeper than the side the blade originally sits. Therefore if I am doing small logos, text etc., I have to use my exacto blade to follow the line because it doesn't cut deep enough to weed easilly. It seems as if the farther away the blade gets from its resting point, the better it cuts. Therefore if i am doing large cuts, half the cut weeds much easier than the other half. I have changed blades, adjusted cutting speed and pressures. Any advice of information is greatly appreciated. If it makes a difference, I am using greenstar vinyl and regardless of how I load the vinyl I continue to have trouble. Thanks in advance!

Look at your cutting strip.. You may need to replace it... Make sure it is firmly down all the way across. Look for scrapes and gouges in it. This will cause your problem also.

Also make sure the carriage head is in it's track firmly.

I had this problem with mine... There was a "trim" piece above where the carriage rides that had started to sag or bend for whatever reason and when the carriage would pass under it it would push down on the carriage causing more pressure... (I would try this after checking the cutting strip mine bounces lose every so often.)