Hi. A little history...  I had a ct1200 previously, hooked up direct serial to a really old laptop (couldn't get a usb-to-serial to work).  It would be picky when it would accept jobs, but after about 20 mins of fooling around with settings (every time), it would finally cut.

So onto my current problem.

I recently purchased a ct900 used and am having some problems getting communication to work.  I bought a prolific 2303 usb to serial adapter (which also came with a db9 to db25 adapter.  I have tried to setup on windows xp as well as 7.  I have an old copy of winpcsign 2005 that is coded to pcut cutters and can't seem to get it to send jobs.

I install the driver for the usb-to-serial and it goes smooth.  I set it to com3 and set it to 9600, hardware flow on.  I set winpcsign to com3, choose "spooler" as well as "Start point orientation" and assume all is well.  Upon a simple test cut of a square, nothing happens.  I am able to make the cutter perform the on-unit tests, but nothing from the pc.

Can anyone suggest a fix I can try?  I have updated drivers direct from Windows Update.

I am about to try Sign Blazer, as well as Corel Draw with Signtools 4 demo, just to see if they work.

Thanks in advance.

i am also facing same problem with my cutter ct900 not communicating with my pc window 7 

i have installed usb driver downloaded from many sits not of them worked still when i connect my machine getting message unknown device 

is there any one who can solve this error