I'm doing heat transfer vinyl on cotton t-shirts and using

http://www.stahls.com/heat-transfer-material-sportfilm-lite

Should i be worried that my customer will come back and yell at me cause its falling off..

What is the normal life span of a heat transfer t-shirt lol, I don't want to sell crap but

i have done a few now and now I'm in the process of putting a shirt in the wash every

time I'm doing a load of laundry

i have done a few now and now I'm in the process of putting a shirt in the wash every

time I'm doing a load of laundry

You might be washing them for a few years LOL

I have never used that. I mainly use easy weed and have never had a problem with it lifting. I have a couple customers that have metal detecting shirts I did three years ago still wearing them hard and they have been fine.

I press for 15 seconds then remove the top layer then use a Teflon sheet and re press for another 8 seconds just to make sure and it has always worked for me...

As long as you used the correct temperature and pressure when applying the graphics I am sure you will be fine. It is also important that the customer follows the washing and drying instructions. Do you include washing and drying instructions with the shirts?

As long as you used the correct temperature and pressure when applying the graphics I am sure you will be fine. It is also important that the customer follows the washing and drying instructions. Do you include washing and drying instructions with the shirts?

I don't have no washing and drying instructions!!

i should look into that

Your kidding most people won't even read any description of any eBay ad on what they are buying let alone read and then follow washing instructions. I wouldnt waste my time. I have had people tell me the decal won't stick I ask did you read the instructions and what was the temperature? No I didn't oh it was only like ten below zero lol

• Like 1

I have recently decided to get into the t-shirt industry and I'm currently working on my own "brand". I'm using Stahls Fashion Film and have washed the sample shirts as randomly as possible, meaning I'm not following any instructions and just throwing them in the wash with whatever. I've yet to get any peeling after 2-3 washes each.

It all depends on your install procedures, if you follow them to the tee(pun) you should be ok -- of course this depends on your equipment. I have a cheapo china heat press, so instead of 160 degrees celsius, Im using 162 and I may switch to 165.

You just have to test different settings in order to get the perfect finish.

Good luck!

I have been using Siser Easy Weed and Spectra Eco-Film on my apparel projects. I began trying them out on some shirts for my kids. I would wash and dry them constantly, to see how they would hold up, despite manufacturer's washing instructions. I have found that shirts that have some polyester content last the longest. I usually try to buy shirts with a 50/50 blend. I have a shirt with vinyl on it from 5 years ago, it has only begun to peel in lately, but the shirt is pretty worn out as well. In contrast, I recently purchased a screen printed shirt for my son's football team and added his name on the back in vinyl, the screen printing began peeling a while ago, but the vinyl is fine.

Just make a note that you will want to heat press your apparel for 4-5 seconds prior to adding your vinyl. This removes any moisture in the fabric....well, that is what I hear.