Sign in to follow this  
shadowfox

Problem setting up refine MH1351

Having a few problems setting up the MH1351.

I tried to follow the guide that was on one of the disks but after i did that i just got error when printing errors so i decided to retry it on my laptop and this is what i have done and what i am getting.

using serial connection 9pin, set at 9600rate

i installed the print driver, the guide i have said to use Graphtec CE1000-60 drive since there isnt a MH1351 driver on there. Have it on com 1. if i hit the test print button i get a simple design that prints thats just | looking.

i have the artcut software installed but if i try to use that to print it goes through like normal print job but then nothing prints with no errors.

I originaly setup the paper size to free size and what i had in the guide but then i would just get error when printing and nothing would happen.

if i hit the test button on the device i get a simple square with a dimond in it so i take that as a good sign heh

any advice on setting this up?

Look in the drivers to see if you can find one with refine mh**** ,If not,I would try the roland pnc1000 driver.It is the universal driver for most of the uscutters.I don't think I've heard of using a graphtec driver,but I haven't seen the guide you are using.Try the roland,and if you are on the serial port make sure it's set to com:1.

Bill

here is the guide that they sent with me

www.kingdomsend.com/misc/guide.doc

i thought it was a little odd to use that kinda of a driver for this too.  I looked throught my system for the roland pnc1000 driver but not seeing that driver anywhere on the disks and my system (windows xp pro). Where can i get the roland drivers?

Shadowfox,

If you are using artcut then you must remove any printer/cutter drivers that are on the same com port. You can look for any driver that is XX1351 and that should work. Your windows com port has to have the configuration and the driver configuration.

You can try this web page:

http://www.signsupplystore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=12420

It has good information that can help answer any questions you may have along with information on setting up drivers to work with programs such as CorelDraw, and Adobe Illustrator. There is also links for cutters there also, you should be able to download Roland drivers from this link I any of the PNC drivers should have the driver you are looking for.

http://www.rolanddga.com/color/support/wizard/default.asp

Good luck

Garry

It looks like the guide you are referring to is for installing the plotter to cut from Corel not Artcut. It is not necessary to install any drivers to cut from Artcut or other cutting programs. You just need to set this up to use the Refine MH721 DMPL driver, even if you have the 1351 that is the correct driver. Roland PNC 1000 will also work in other programs.

Ok...I have a Refine MH1351 with artcut (I Don't like artcut).. I just got CorelDraw X3 .... So what i want to know is can i cut from Corel..? If so Please walk me through the setup like a 2 year old....what driver do i need and so on... Thank you

Guest fivestar

There is a few threads about how to set up corel for this plotter.  Try searching for 'em and see if you can come up with them.  I can't remember where they are located in the threads but I know I have seen 'em.