noodle357

Cutting Text in ill on Signcut Pro. Cuts Different then test cut

I am using Ill CS5. and all the Clip art cut just great. I am using the Copam 2500 cutter. The problem is the Text I create in Ill, and or Vector images with Text cut weird. I save as a EPS, and Ill and send to SignCut Pro. I do the test sample cut on screen and it looks perfect. BUT when machine cuts, the text has all sort of problems, mostly triangles on the tops of all text, and cuts in wrong places. Any idea.

Start with a basic design and start from there to see what goes wrong.

Do seperate test with text only and clipart.

Convert text to lines instead of using font.

Which version your saving the .eps?

You can use the plug in from SC in Illi!

Read FAQ on SC pages about it.

Paco

Did not help, same problem. Now it does it even on clip-art. Cuts in wrong spot. I tried typing text this time directly into Sign Cut. and same problem, I did have a vector disc with font family quotes i can print. it worked great for one, but then tried a different quote a no cigar, it is all messed up.

Save your file as AI-format compatibility 8,0 instead of EPS-format. It should solve the problem. Files from Illustrator works better as AI-format 8,0 then EPS-format.

Regards,

Therese Löfström

I did solve some of it. Flatten transperency, Change ALL to outlines and curves. BUT I also noticed that I needed to reset Sign Cut. there is a tab that says reset. Tjhat did clear up somethings. Not sure why, it is just settings, but maybe holding previous cutting in a spool. Have not tried saving as 8.0 yet. I did save as 7.0 earlier and same problem.

I run into the same problems almost every time. Drives me nuts. I even go back and double check my vector lines to make sure there aren't stray points and all that. It can be PERFECT... and still cuts like garbage. I'm convinced signcut is just terrible. I've tried saving as everything, nothing helps. Ready to switch to something else, just don't want to spend everything I've got on flexi.

I run into the same problems almost every time. Drives me nuts. I even go back and double check my vector lines to make sure there aren't stray points and all that. It can be PERFECT... and still cuts like garbage. I'm convinced signcut is just terrible. I've tried saving as everything, nothing helps. Ready to switch to something else, just don't want to spend everything I've got on flexi.

Hello.

If you want you can send us some sample files and we can take a look at what is wrong in the files or in Signcut. Then we can fix it. We are working on updates for Signcut right now that will be released within the next few weeks. If you send us some files then we can locate the problem and fix it.

My email: therese@whisqu.se

Regards,

Therese Löfström

• Like 1