joey1320

Me again - more cutting problems - MH-871

I had posted another similar question regarding my brand-new MH-871 cutting curves erratically and that turned out to be a font issue as opposed to a cutter issue. Well after changing fonts and messing around with the settings, I'm now getting a better finish on my curves but it is skipping/tapping when making them.

Anytime I cut a "P" or an "O", which are two of the letters on a friends logo, while cutting the curves, the blade start tapping against the vinyl which causes a dotted cut, which then looks bad after weeding.

I tried adjusting the blade, the pressure, the speed and I tried a small amount of oil on the bladeholder for proper lubrication. I'm using CADCUT's Super Film which is insanely thin, if that matters.

I haven't tried using the pen plotter to see if it does it, so I'll try that tonite. But in the meantime, any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks for the support.

Joey

I would put some paper in the plotter and use the PEN .. and see if it does it.. if it does not do it

I Use the CADCUT Superfilm

Cause of static i cut off a piece of the size i'm going to use and cut it off the roll it works great for me and trying

to get rid of the static

I would put some paper in the plotter and use the PEN .. and see if it does it.. if it does not do it

I Use the CADCUT Superfilm

Cause of static i cut off a piece of the size i'm going to use and cut it off the roll it works great for me and trying

to get rid of the static

I'll try the pen tonite and see what happens.

Can I ask, what pressure setting do you use for the SuperFilm?

I'll try the pen tonite and see what happens.

Can I ask, what pressure setting do you use for the SuperFilm?

I use force 60 at speed 4 i have the MH 721 28'

but it all depends how you have your blade in the holder!

But i would get some static whips that t-shirt vinyl has TONS of Static !

I use force 60 at speed 4 i have the MH 721 28'

but it all depends how you have your blade in the holder!

But i would get some static whips that t-shirt vinyl has TONS of Static !

By speed 4, do you mean 400ms?

Using small amounts of pressure can get erratic cutting . I use 170 grams & on white vinyl get a mark from the blade holder . My Copam cuts great like that . When i used 80 grams of presure , I had off & on problems . SO i think it is a good chance your problem is blade out too far & not enough pressure . There is TONS of advice on how to adjust those 2 things ... so I won't bother to type all that .

Okay, finally figured out the problem -- it was the software.

I was using Roland's DR. Stika 2.2 and even though it cuts, it doesn't give me a "weld" function as in SBE. So I gave SBE a try last nite and printed the VW logo and it came out perfectly with a .20mm offset ont he blade.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, sorry if it was a stupid mistake on my part. I hope others learn from it.

Joey

• Like 1