Sign in to follow this  
arfdltr6

Vinyl Not Sticking To Window

The other day I had a friend wanting a window decal for his truck. I cut, weeded & masked the decal with no problems. When he went to put the decal on the upper part of his windshield he cut part of the backing off and applied the decal to the windshield and did the same for the other half using the hinge method. When he went to remove the masking the decal it's refusing to come off from the masking. I cut a second decal and put it on myself and still the same problem.

Rain x on the window. V

Clean with ammonia and than alcohol

That is if the decal is lifting off the glass. If the ap tape is just not coming off to high of a tac.

Mark

Make sure when applying that the surface is really clean. Also I've read that some transfer tape has a really high tack so what people do is rub the transfer tape on a t-shirt to reduce tack before applying it to the vinyl, this should lower the adhesion a bit and make it easier to remove.

What is the temperature? Sometimes if it's too cold they don't want to stick.

Thank you both for your help. Jay it is was 74 degrees outside.

You never know. Just had to ask.

Jay , you have that right, one time a guy said I lost the i when I applied the decal. I said did you clean the window good? His reply yes! I think maybe its because it was like 10 degrees out but I was in the sun... I said guess you didn't read the instructions...

I was trying to do some in the mid 50's but there was enough humidity that I couldn't get the condensation off of the window. It wouldn't stick for anything.

The other day I had a friend wanting a window decal for his truck. I cut, weeded & masked the decal with no problems. When he went to put the decal on the upper part of his windshield he cut part of the backing off and applied the decal to the windshield and did the same for the other half using the hinge method. When he went to remove the masking the decal it's refusing to come off from the masking. I cut a second decal and put it on myself and still the same problem.

Did you SQUEEGEE the decal onto the windshield? Sorry I couldn't resist. You didn't state you did. Must also start with clean window...

Inside or outside on the window? Inside won't stick. Don't know why, but had it happen to me too. Cleaned with alcohol, glass cleaner, you name it. Was like colorforms.

I also have a lady saying she just put her's on and not sticking. I know that weather is a factor: Her: I’m not having much luck. I cleaned my window very well yesterday. I applied it in my garage. It went on beautifully. This am I went out to the garage to leave and the decal isn’t sticking at all. I re ent over it and pushed it down but it is not adhearing. There isn’t any film or anything on my window. Any ideas? 

Please Help

I don't know what kind of help that your expecting. This thread pretty much helps by it's self.  We don't know what your lady did. Or where it's at. State. temps. Or even what type of vinyl that you used. Or even if she used a squeegee. Or whether the adhesive is facing the outside window or the inside. Adhesive side, should not face outside.  I always send temp notices with the instructions, depending on which state they live in. (Right on top of the decal.)

• Like 1