Sign in to follow this  
datoshway

Heat Press Help

I bought this heat press a few weeks ago

http://www.uscutter.com/Large-15-x-23-Clamshell-Heat-Press-FLHP460

So far pretty happy with it, but question. I have been using Siser Easy Weed, and having a hard time keeping the material stuck down. I noticed this machine is in Cel Temp, Easy Weed calls for 150c at 15 seconds. However at that temp and time, my matierial is no where close to being done. I have to set it to 300c and leave it in for a good 4 or 5 min to get things to stay on.

What gives??

yes something is wrong, easy weed is 315 degrees for 15 seconds and I have done hundreds of shirts with it no problems. Take a piece of paper and place one in each corner close the press you should not be able to pull them out without a lot of pressure. The other issue could be your press temp is off harbor freight or home depot sells a cheap inferred gun that will read the temp around the press and see if you have any cold spots...

I had the same problem. Even though my press says C it is really F. Use a meat thermometer and check it. Or run it to 300 and try it on a shirt you don't care about

Mark

Ok so it's verified, I used a thermometer, these machines have a c printed on the screen but obviously must have been converted to F.