Sign in to follow this  
Kenla

Cannot convert to curves in CorelDraw

I have been trying to apply reason to this one but simply can't figure this one out. In my searches I read somewhere that SVG file created in Inkscape open very poorly in Corel Draw. However eps files & pdf files created in InkScape opens very well in Corel, particularly eps files. I have tried out what is said in the above mentioned & I know that eps files created in InkScape can open in Corel. However although I can now get an eps file re: attached imported into Corel I cannot convert the file to curves nor break it apart. Initially I was unable to import the file into Corel which I have reason to believe was due to negligence on my part i.e. I was not doing an "object to path & grouping the text" before trying to import into Corel. I have in my endeavours corrected these errors hence I can now import the image into Corel but can not convert to curves. Can someone please set me straight on this one. Am I in anyway duplicating things by doing "object to path in InkScape" & creating confusion or am I leaving out steps in the process of which I am not aware. Thanks.Mate'o 2.eps

I have been trying to apply reason to this one but simply can't figure this one out. In my searches I read somewhere that SVG file created in Inkscape open very poorly in Corel Draw. However eps files & pdf files created in InkScape opens very well in Corel, particularly eps files. I have tried out what is said in the above mentioned & I know that eps files created in InkScape can open in Corel. However although I can now get an eps file re: attached imported into Corel I cannot convert the file to curves nor break it apart. Initially I was unable to import the file into Corel which I have reason to believe was due to negligence on my part i.e. I was not doing an "object to path & grouping the text" before trying to import into Corel. I have in my endeavours corrected these errors hence I can now import the image into Corel but can not convert to curves. Can someone please set me straight on this one. Am I in anyway duplicating things by doing "object to path in InkScape" & creating confusion or am I leaving out steps in the process of which I am not aware. Thanks.Mate'o 2.eps

It is already curves. In fact you have 2 sets of curves, 1 on top of the other. Click on each one and hit delete. It most likely is confusing you with two sets of curves.

Mark

Thank you very much for the prompt response, I will do as you've advised when I get home. During my moments of fustration, I tried viewing the file in wire frame to see if I could have seen anything irregular but to no avail. Can you tell me how you were able to see the two set of curves. Thanks.

In such case switch on the object viewer and click on the objects and see which are highlighted.

if two are on top of each other, you will see in your wire frame it stays in position and not going to an other object.

If you have groups ungroup them to see every object seperate.

Do this in a copied file while you are viewing and deleting object.

Object viewer should always be on!

paco

If you look at the object viewer you see the yellow objects and the thin blakc objects.

The last are the black lines surrounding the yellow objects as these are transparant with black line.

The yellow are filled but no outlines.

Paco

post-3643-0-05139400-1334992330.jpg