Sign in to follow this  
zamboy1

Graphtec in for warranty work

Purchased a ce5000-60 from us cutter two wks ago, been having trouble from day one. Could not get a clean test cut, cutting blade would chatter on the vinyl. Chipped original blade and also a new clean cut blade and the Teflon strip is mangled.

The blade depth was always set correctly at all times. I had enough.....

Called graphtec today to ask if my pen block was supposed to be tight or float on the carriage it rides on. Tech support said tight and sent me a video.........

My pen block moves about an eight of inch up and down on the fixed carriage, mine is not tight. Really aggregated because I either have to ship or drive an hour 1 way both on my own dime to have the cutter looked at by an authorized service center.

Anyone ever heard of this or put in a warranty claim

The blade holder has a lip on it, that should be down to the metal block on the carriage. The carriage has a thumb screw and plastic holder that gets tightened down. The plastic holder, should be ON TOP the lip of the blade holder, before you tighten the thumb screw. If this is done correctly, nothing can move.

Also, If when you turn your cutter on, and go thru to where it is ready to cut, and the head is down, you will need to do a factory reset..

You can do that by : While turning the power on, at the same time, push on the UP arrow on your vinyl cutter. Remember that for future problems.

Post some pictures of how you have it set up...

this picture is from the Graphtec CE5000-60 user manual showing how to tighten the pen or the blade holder down.

post-3058-0-04122200-1332888248.jpg

Cutter is packed up and ready to ship...

I know how to install the blade holder to the pen block...

The pen block is the device which houses the motor for the cutter to gown down and up when cutting...

The pen block is attached to an aluminum bar that has the blue markers indicating were the grit rollers are at.....

Place your hand on the pen block.... It will move freely left and right.... And should be snug to not move up or down or in and out...

Mine moves a lot up and down causing the blade to push away from the media when the blade and blade holder are down against the media.....

Does this all make sense?

Warranty is going to repair defective pen block, replace teflon strip, and replace broken blade.....

Just have to ship it to service..... Which cost $44 one way....

Graphtec will pay return shipping