34Ford

Stickers in a #10 envelope, receipt?

I mail out stickers small enough to fit in a #10 envelope and I get people are asking if I have proof of mailing them out.

Either I put a stamp on it or the wife runs them thru a postal machine where she works.

How or what kinda envelope do you use to get a receipt for a plain ole 44 cent first class? The PO dont do anything but throw it in the pile if a stamp is on it.

You can't. Just because you mail it, doesn't prove the buyer actually got it. That is what delivery confirmation/tracking is for. You can use 6" x 9" or other larger manilla envelopes and put delivery confirmation on it. When I print thru Paypal, I can print delivery confirmation for First Class package,/thick envelope. And Yes, It will be higher than 44c to ship. Everything I ship has delivery confirmation. Your asking for trouble when not using it. On Ebay, when a seller sends a parcel/package without delivery confirmation. buyers now can say they never received it. and the seller can't prove they did. You would lose a claim of item not received. Dishonest buyers consider it a "GIFT," when they get a package without delivery confirmation. Buyers will have the item, and will file an item not received, and the seller can't prove the buyer got it. Buyers will then have the item and Paypal/Ebay will also refund their money.

Some sellers kinda self insure themselves, and don't use delivery confirmation, just hope for a lot of honest buyers. Then when the occasional dishonest buyer . or someone who actually didn't get their item, contacts you, you just send another item. But you can more easily gets negs for that. Buyers know you can't prove it, without delivery confirmation or tracking.

+1 on everything Skeeter said. I might add that now,Delivery Confirmation is also FREE when printing through Paypal on the first class Parcel. The extra $1 or so you will spend on shipping could save you a lot of money in the long run.Not to mention save you a bad rating if you are selling through ebay.

• Like 1

Yea, I have already been thru this between the customer and Paypal. I didn't think there is a way to prove I mailed this size envelope.

Guess I could start using the USPS Priority #10 envelopes.

Some sellers kinda self insure themselves, and don't use delivery confirmation, just hope for a lot of honest buyers. Then when the occasional dishonest buyer . or someone who actually didn't get their item, contacts you, you just send another item. But you can more easily gets negs for that. Buyers know you can't prove it, without delivery confirmation or tracking.

This is pretty much how I do it. And yes, when I get a "My decal hasn't show up yet" I just ship another one.

I get one "lost" about 4 times a year (maybe less). Out of those 4, 90% never let me know if the orginal showed up eventually (and I don't ever get them back)

Still not sure what I'm going to do with ebay's new tracking requirment, but I'll probably go back to the thick envelope shipping out of paypal with DC. Which BTW, I always shipped out a second one even with DC when I was shipping that way before so I didn't really see the need in charging buyers more. Now it makes sense because of the TRS issue.

azdecals

azdecals, yea I have done the same thing, just mail another.

Wow, A Priority window flat rate envelope is $5.15 and delivery conformation 75c at the PO.

So how much is it thru ebay/paypal for a #10 envelope?

There's the rub with ebay's new policy. You cannot ship a first class envelope from Paypal, and you cannot get delivery confirmation at all on frist class envelope. So you have to ship first class thick envelope/package. I think it's $1.64, BUT it actually has to be a thick envelope/package. If you try to ship a #10 envelope, even paying the higher rate the post office will not deliver it. So you have to "stuff" the envelope with something to make it thick enough to "qualify" for the higher rate, and "free" delivery confirmation.

I see why the post office is losing money. They won't deliver an envelope that you put TOO much postage on?!?!

azdecals

I just had a small cd cardboard sleeve returned from the PO. It was real light so I put a stamp on it and it came back reason, to small , so they wanted me to put 64 cents on it. So instead I took the cardboard sleeve and put it inside a regular envelope and put a stamp on it and it went fine. Like you said no wonder they are in trouble??

A buddy of mine who does decals on ebay always ships using the $3.00 envelope and the confirmation fee. In order to make his envelope thick enough for ebays requirements he puts a packing peanut in each envelope.

Mark

A buddy of mine who does decals on ebay always ships using the $3.00 envelope and the confirmation fee. In order to make his envelope thick enough for ebays requirements he puts a packing peanut in each envelope.

Mark

LOL, now thats a good one. ;D

Mark

We are practically neighbors, Im in Black Mountain.

cool I have been learning this business from a guy at smileys flea market. I am disabled and wheelchair bound. This weekend I am up in Pennsylvania with my step kids because thier grandmother is stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

But when I get back home maybe I can drive over to black mountain for a meet and greet and who knows we could help each other out if you have equipment I don't or I have supplies you don't or even if one of us takes on a 2 man job and needs help.

Because the grandmother is on thier fathers side I am stuck in a motel till sunday unless things go terribly wrong then I am up here till after the funeral. But this is good because I am getting to do alot of work on the website.

Mark