Sign in to follow this  
johnnybravo

a few tweaks needed..

hi guys, ive been using my refine-mh721 for nearly a year now and am generally happy with it, however, i need a few pointers to further enhance my cuts:

1: offset setting, i need the cutter to cut clean and not leave unjoined cuts, where is the offest setting/overcut setting? (im using coreldraw 12 to directly cut, but cannot find this offset setting)

there is a 'bleed limit' in 'Print Options' > 'Layout' in the printer settings in corel 12, this is currently set to 0.125" - is this the offset??

2: t-shirt vinyl gets caught up when the cutter moves to the furthest right position whilst cutting (close to the idle position of the cutting head)

3. anything over 3ft makes the cutter freeze up, whats the solution to this (ive been seperating cuts into smaller cuts for nearly a year to remedy this!)

SETUP:

Windows XP

coreldraw 12

roland gx-500 pnc driver

refine mh-721 cutter

thanks for any help

Because you are cutting directly from Corel, you do not have the features of adjusting the blade offset. This is a feature in the cutting software. Such as Signblazer, Signcut, or Flexi... I don't know of any other way.

Maybe this info can help you on the freezing. a Keyspan adapter had helped many people with this issue..

http://support.uscut...iddle-of-my-cut

+1. You will need to use an actual cutting program with a production manager to utilize the offset... and overcut options. As far as the freezing I also agree if you are using a USB get a keyspan adapter or switch to a serial cable if possible... If this does not solve your issue it sounds like a memory issue going from Corel directly to the cutter... I don't know how big the files are when Corel sends them to the cutter but most drivers and production managers will compress the file some to ensure not to overload the memory of the cutter you are working with.... If you are send very large complex designs this could also be an issue...... There is a good article I read somewhere about this just a few weeks ago if I can find it again I will post it...

thanks for the replies guys, i'm quite comfortable with my corel 12 setup as i design using a vector program called xara xtreme (VERY fast compared to illustrator), i then export the designs as .cmx/.ai and open with corel, i will try the keyspan adaptor as i have been advised about this before.

so the 'bleed limit' in printer setup isn't the offset? grrrr...

thanks anyway!