Hippie459MN

Special cable COM Port cable? MH871

I was using the USB with some success but cant get a longer cut to complete at all and just wasting vinyl left and right trying to speed things up and everything with no luck so I decided to try using the com port with a cable I had here and now I keep getting the error "Can not open output device. Error initializing cutter" I have tried changing the com port numbers and nothing seems to work. Anyone have any idea? It shows up in SBE as Blazer.Com 2 but for the life of me I cant get it to work. I am thinking of trying the LPT port next.

Is the cable not a straight through on these? For the life of me I have no idea where any of my struff is that came with this cutter as I have had it for over 2 years and its moved with me twice now. lol

Make sure you go into the device manager on your computer and see where the cutter is assigned there.... I would restart the computer also..... Usually once you have the right COM hooked up it just takes off....

Got it figured out I think. I need a null model cable adapter. Going to get one right now and will report back.

Replaced the USB with a DB9 cable with an adapter and works like a champ. Plus I can do big cuts finally. For 2 years I have not been able to do big reliable cuts and now I gust did 7 large cuts with zero issues! I should have skipped the USB from the begining. Its like I have a whole new cutter. :D

Good stuff Hippie. I had issues using USB when i first got my cutter and swore by my ol' reliable serial cable. Got a new computer and it doesnt have a serial port! USB has been going strong so far.