Sign in to follow this  
muibubbles

pressure and speed?

Is there a general chart or something with guide lines to figure out what speed/pressure to set? Also does the cutter know how much pressure to apply when it does its open start up? ive set it to xx amount of pressure but when i turned it off then back on it was at a different pressure. is that normal?

What model do you have? It should hold the last used settings in the memory while it is powered off. I have never heard of one that didn't "hold" the settings. As far as the speed and pressure go it is different for every machine and it varies with type of vinyl and complexity of the design. With a more intricate design you want to go slower with large lettering and simple designs I can usually let mine rip as fast as she will go. BannerJohn or Rogder. (I forget which) has posted a few times about an "Old Schooler" telling him to always be around 100 grams... I have a rebranded redsail and I am usually around 190 when I cut with that and that is a blade that is about 5 months old and has "dove into" the cutting strip a couple times due to my miscalculations on vinyl size and falling out.