fokkerdmr

Very steeply angled cuts are not successful...

I have a vector that has some very "sharp" points. See attached .SBD

Almost all of the interior and exterior points are not being cut without the vinyl lifting. See attached .JPG for a photo of one attempt.

So, I'm wondering what the best way to handle this is?

I've started converting the sharp points to rounded points in hopes that the blade can spin around without pulling up the point. But, I'm open to other ideas that folks have about how to handle this type of graphic. Could cutter settings help? (faster/slower/offsets?)

Thanks in advance.

Dave

phoenix.SBD

post-21326-0-61701300-1332122388.jpg

Good question. I'm using a 60 degree blade. Its relatively new, only been using it for non-production (home) use for about a month.

Fresh blade definately helped out. I also dropped my cut pressure to 140g. I think in a few of the places where I have rounded corners, they're even better, so I'll keep plowing away in SB and see if I can eliminate them altogether.

Hmm, interesting. Blade depth is one of those things that I don't like changing around much, because it seems like I don't quite have a good formula yet. Which means I can mis-cut material (generally not deep enough).

Cutter speed is down at 120mm/s.

Hmm, interesting. Blade depth is one of those things that I don't like changing around much, because it seems like I don't quite have a good formula yet. Which means I can mis-cut material (generally not deep enough).

Cutter speed is down at 120mm/s.

I would be willing to blade depth is the problem here, too much blade will pull up the vinyl and can also make your cuts perforated which is what it looks like in your picture.

my cut speed is down to below 60 when i cut stuff like this or anything really and pressure at 90. there is a good trick to getting the right cut depth some of the people here have turned me on to it. get a scrap piece of vinyl turn the blade out just a touch and draw it across the vinyl, if it is not deep enough adjust a touch more. Rinse repeat till you cut just the vinyl and not the backing then you are good. be sure to press hard and straight as if you were the blade holder.

Hope this helps

When mine started doing that it drove me crazy until one night I took a magnifiying glass and looked inside the blade holder. Very small vinyl slivers where inside the holder up aganist the bearing. After i got those out it worked fine. They were jamming the bearing.

• Like 1