zdevillez

My first payed gig.

Just did 100 4"x4" of these. No prior knowledge of this business just bought the machine to do my own shits and gigz. Ended up landing a really awesome client that is sending me quite a bit of work.

One question I have the economy version mh series. How often should the blades dull. I run it at 30g and 16" per second. After running this job its starting to not connect in some corners of the next job.

The angry ping pong ball was the job.

dsc0445yr.jpg

I'm not sure if this will answer your question about blade dulling however, I just watch how the jobs weed and when they start to have issues I adjust the blade. On a normal month I find the cutter that is used the most requires adjustment about every week and by the months end I will have to replace the knife. One of my Pcut 630's I use only for my trailor decals it will run 1200 units before I need to adjust the blade and some are fairly intricate. So that machine will cut aprox 600 feet before I have to adjust or replace.

I hope this helps

I'm not sure if this will answer your question about blade dulling however, I just watch how the jobs weed and when they start to have issues I adjust the blade. On a normal month I find the cutter that is used the most requires adjustment about every week and by the months end I will have to replace the knife. One of my Pcut 630's I use only for my trailor decals it will run 1200 units before I need to adjust the blade and some are fairly intricate. So that machine will cut aprox 600 feet before I have to adjust or replace.

I hope this helps

I meant to include an example of the decal which is 4" x 18" with the lower case i's, the dot and the pointed swooshes if the blade is dull its hard to weed. I realize there isnt alot of fine detail but having to get 1200 of these out over night a sharp blade is important.

post-3809-0-03472600-1331950504.jpg

Is there a way to check my offset? I am using signblazer that came with the cutter does anyone know if it has the over cut feature?

What would tell me if my offset is off? Also I dont see an option for over cutting. blade offset is set at 0.00

I know I probably need to replace the blade, but I haven't replace my blade since i got my cutter in '09. I average about 50 decals a month, with some months being 300 decals. I've done shirts, banners, and signs, but no more than maybe 50 of each. I did do 8 24"x36" signs with reflective vinyl a few months ago also. I do increase the pressure every once and a while, but I'm not cutting thru the backing and if I weed the designs right away, and use new vinyl, I don't have any problems with weeding. If I wait a day, it turns into a complete PITA though.

azdecals

What would tell me if my offset is off? Also I dont see an option for over cutting. blade offset is set at 0.00

look on the package that your blades came in and on there will be a " Knifepoint Offset 0.25 - 1.00mm" or something similar. try the .25 and go up or down by .05 till it cuts like you want it.

I know I probably need to replace the blade, but I haven't replace my blade since i got my cutter in '09. I average about 50 decals a month, with some months being 300 decals. I've done shirts, banners, and signs, but no more than maybe 50 of each. I did do 8 24"x36" signs with reflective vinyl a few months ago also. I do increase the pressure every once and a while, but I'm not cutting thru the backing and if I weed the designs right away, and use new vinyl, I don't have any problems with weeding. If I wait a day, it turns into a complete PITA though.

azdecals

Yeah and cold vinyl is a nightmare to weed been there done that.