koletsb

Football Helmet Decals?

Has anyone done them? If so I have some questions

Are they normally die cut? or printed? and are they normally laminated on top as well? Also do they normally involve a special type of vinyl?

Any help would be great, thanks again

Brandon

I do alot of names and numbers just on the back of the helmet and use just regular vinyl like I use for everything else. Most of them last a full year and are just fine for 2

I use Oracal 651 and Orajet 6531Ra for the helmets I do..No redos till the next year for me so far..Seems to be no big deal on the stuff I use..

Oracal 651 is all i have used for this

Same here. It was for a Jr. Pee Wee team. Worked well and didn't have to replace any (for one season).

azdecals

I'm trying to do a Lion for the local high school. I have a helmet here with me, but I cant get it on wrinkle free. I'm using 651 with paper app tape. Any advise or tips for me? I've tried about 4 times and no luck. Bigger, or smaller and nothing. thanks!

I'm trying to do a Lion for the local high school. I have a helmet here with me, but I cant get it on wrinkle free. I'm using 651 with paper app tape. Any advise or tips for me? I've tried about 4 times and no luck. Bigger, or smaller and nothing. thanks!

use a cast material like 751 or 951 that will take to that compound curve that 651 was never meant to do - even then you might need to add some heat

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="404205" data-time="1443585251"><p>

use a cast material like 751 or 951 that will take to that compound curve that 651 was never meant to do - even then you might need to add some heat</p></blockquote>

Thanks. Never dealing with the 751, what is the difference, would I use the same technique to apply it?

I transformed an old white highschool helmet into a Bears helmet. I painted blue not wrapped or anything.