Sign in to follow this  
knucklebucket

Bren pro series 515

okay so I bought this pro series 515 from the company I work for. the cost was 10 dollars. the cutter seems to be functional as in I can run a test cut from the control panel and move all the servo axis's. I called Bren got the registration re acitivated and it loaded up on my pc and shows ready but everything I send to it, it immediately fails to print. like there is no communication going on at all. It has the older parrallel cable so I bought a parrallel to usb cable and no resolve. going to try a serial cable this weekend but if this doesn't work hell I am out of ideas. figured I would ask the pro's that's been here a long time or short time with much experience if they might have any insight or ideas. thx ahead of time

well I have tried sign blazer, inkscape, tried to send a print job with notepad, I have a copy of photo illustrator in the mail. when I bought the cutter I went to bren.winline.com and downloaded there drivers for the cutter.

You will still have to find a driver that is built into signblazer so signblazers production manager can communicate with the cutter.

so signblazer doesn't specifically have a drive built in for the bren cutter. I have been told that one of the roland or graphtec will work but will have to sort them out 1 by 1. I'm just curious if i switch to a serial cable with a null modem if I can use photo Illustrator to cut. I have managed to get it to work. I can write text with micro soft word and send it the the bren and it cuts it beautifully. I have called bren and the software they use for their plotters is Bren cut engrave for 170.00. so even if I buy the software, that is still only 180 invested in a 4000 dollar vinyl cutter. i cant find the software anywhere else.

I would try all the drivers in SB first if you like that software... Otherwise for the $170 software designed to go with your machine sounds like a pretty good deal to me.