T3rry

Sorry to be a newbie... had my cutter about a year, need new blades...

Hey sorry to ask a question that I am sure will be second nature to most of you, but i have an MH871 i got about a year ago, used the stock blades until now (i dont use it a lot), i decided i would like to upgrade them, looking for suggestions on which is the best blades for this machine... just cutting standard 3mil vinyl.

Most use the $4 blades from USCutter . Some use the $16 Clean Cut blades . I have only used the blades from USCutter & have been very pleased with them . Some swear by the Clean Cuts . I have read that the Clean Cuts break easier since they are harder . BannerJohn has always used the regular blades & has cut more vinyl than most if not all here . I am like John , we to save money .. so i have never tried the $16 blades . I have a bunch of blades from USCutter's e-bay auctions , both 45 & 60 degree blades . I have cut everything I needed , including some very small stuff with the 45 degree . i will try the 60 degree blades I have sooner or later .

Here is the blade page on USCutter http://www.uscutter.com/Vinyl-Cutter-Blades-15

• Like 1

I use the basic Roland-compatible blades, get them for a couple bucks each on eBay ($10 for 5-pack, free shipping, several BuyItNow vendors offer them at that price point)

Never had a problem with them with my MH871, and I use it for making all sorts of signs in my shop.

If you want to research this subject further, do a search on the Forums, there have been several discussions about blades here.

post-21408-0-44025600-1331769948.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations, it's not for a lack of trying, i searched these forums plenty of times but just could not find info for my spefici machine and did not want to order the wrong part, thanks for the responses.