THier

Printer for stickers???

Am I looking for a dye sub or something else?

Thanks,

Tom

www.uscutter.com USCutter with SawGrass Tech , have a free webinar Thursday the 15th at 4 est about " Start Sublimation Business " .

you are looking for something else - although it can be done with sublimation and phototex it is going to cost way more. check out the roland bn-20 for the cheapest starter printer

Have been using ImageStix (matt finish) to print decals on either an Epson pigmented or Dell color laser printer and then contour cutting. Pigmented shows signs of UV burnout after 6 months, laser held up somewhat better.

Have sheets of 3M ControlTac (gloss finish) laying around here that I had been told were receptive to laser printing. Your post finally prompted me to test a sample today and I am extremely pleased with the visual result. When time permits I will make a small decal to test the UV durability on our vehicle. This approach won't suit everyone; but for those who watch their budget, it may be an acceptable alternative to consider.

The Dell and ControlTac were given to us after a business shuttered their doors. They purportedly used this set-up to create exterior signage for their properties and vehicles; so I am hopeful this method has durabiliy.

Have been using ImageStix (matt finish) to print decals on either an Epson pigmented or Dell color laser printer and then contour cutting. Pigmented shows signs of UV burnout after 6 months, laser held up somewhat better.

Have sheets of 3M ControlTac (gloss finish) laying around here that I had been told were receptive to laser printing. Your post finally prompted me to test a sample today and I am extremely pleased with the visual result. When time permits I will make a small decal to test the UV durability on our vehicle. This approach won't suit everyone; but for those who watch their budget, it may be an acceptable alternative to consider.

The Dell and ControlTac were given to us after a business shuttered their doors. They purportedly used this set-up to create exterior signage for their properties and vehicles; so I am hopeful this method has durabiliy.

So how satisfied are you overall with color laser on vinyl?

I am looking to get started,,, and if I can get away without investing thousands in a printer to start,, that would be a good thing.

Thanks,

Tom