Sign in to follow this  
Sandra

Cursive Fonts Not Cutting Properly

I'm super-new and I am STUCK!  I don't see my specific question anywhere in the forum, so I'm hoping someone can help me!  I have USCutter MH365 with SignBlazer.  I'm sure I have the offset, cutting force, etc... correctly set because as long as I am cutting block-style fonts, my cutter works beautifully!  However, when I import a design with cursive-style lettering (or anything curvy, like hearts or swirls) my cutter does not cut properly.  This is what happens:  while cutting cursive lettering, the first pass the cutter makes is perfect, so the basic font is correct;  the layout is perfect and the initial shape is correct.  But then cutter cuts over itself.  Example:  when cutting a letter "s", the first side cut is correct, but when the cutter cuts the second side of the "s", it  looks like it was cut in a different font.  So the second half of the "s" cuts over the first half.  It does that with every cursive letter with every cursive font.  The first cut of the cursive font is correct, but when the cutter comes back for the next cuts, it almost looks like the cutter has been moved, because it cuts back over top of itself & across other letters already cut... but it is still cutting the correct letters, the letters are just in the wrong place.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks in adavnce!!

Is this the file you are importing? How are you vectorizing the file after you import it?

This is one of a set I purchased.  I downloaded one hundred designs from a vinyl cutting site.  They are all supposedly vector art already.  Should I be doing something else to them?

Is the .JPG the file you downloaded or was it an .EPS or .AI file? .JPG's are not vector.

They are eps.  (The attachment I posted here is jpg, because it was in my documents & easy for me to attach... the designs I am trying to actually work with are eps and ai.  Those I imported into my SignBlazer.  Any designs with block letters cut fine, but the ones with cursive lettering do not).

I had the same problem. Try selecting the text, then arrange, then weld and then weld all.

Don :snow:

Thank you so much for the advice... but that didn't work.  The cutter is doing the exact same thing; it just keeps cutting over itself.  It's as if the blade is not following the same route as on the first pass.  Each letter is basically cut correctly, but when the cutter comes back to finish the letter, it's off track or something.  I noticed that some of the cuts aren't even complete cuts.  The ends of the cuts do not meet up.  Example:  the inside circle of the "o" looks like a "u".  Any other suggestions?