heritagedesigns

Reusable stencil

Hi Guys!

I'm new to cutting stencils. I see the adhesive backed stencil rolls and I want to try it out but I am not sure how you can have a "reusable" stencil and keep the letters (like "O's") and what not in place. So I guess my question is, what the the proceedure for using a "reusable" stencil? Do I have to do something different when I'm cutting? I know I need a 60 degree blade, but my main question is application and taking off so we can reuse. Thanks for ANY help!

this video was very helpful to me:

it tells you how to "bridge the letters" for cutting stencils.

my issue is cutting the actual stencils. I purchased 3 mil mylar and am using a 60 degree blade but the mylar keeps "shiftiing" during the cutting process causing it to get snagged - almost as if the pinch rollers aren't holding it down well enough. anyone have any advice? I have played around with different pressure settings & can't seem to get it to work consistantly.

I have seen metal stencils online that has 2 plates for any font etc . I am not sure what the best way to make those out of vinyl . They make stencil material with a removalabe backing so a cutter can cut it . I just use a vinyl stencil as a 1 time use .

this video was very helpful to me:

it tells you how to "bridge the letters" for cutting stencils.

my issue is cutting the actual stencils. I purchased 3 mil mylar and am using a 60 degree blade but the mylar keeps "shiftiing" during the cutting process causing it to get snagged - almost as if the pinch rollers aren't holding it down well enough. anyone have any advice? I have played around with different pressure settings & can't seem to get it to work consistantly.

I did that video a long time ago. Where did you find it?