SurberSigns

is this vinyl plotter right for me??

i took graphic arts arts all throughout high school and i always used the huge vinyl machines..... i do web design and i decided i wanted to make stickers for cars and start selling them....

i came across a lady who is selling this machine... she says its an eco plotter she is not real sure of the name it says eco something on the machine. she works at home and does not use the machine. its brand new, she just kept it stored in her closet because she got a smaller one.

it comes with the USB cord but no software.. now.... my questions are:

can i get any software online or download a software that will be compatible??

also.. she was asking $250, but i asked her and after talking to her i got it down to $200....

i know USCUTTER on ebay sells the small machines that are like 28" for $250 and with a stand for $270 shipped...

is that worth it?? i am only going to be making stickers for cars. no huge sign banners or anything..... is that a good price for me?? here is a picture:

ap7nk5.jpg

personally, I would purchase a new vinyl cutter that has a warranty and a stand. You will definitely want a stand...

LOL she owns it, and knows nothing about it?? Not even the name?.. US cutter DOES know the name of the cutters they sell. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

so you dont think i should get that?.. what about the USCUTTER 28" with a stand for $270 from uscutters ebay..

UScutter used to carry am Eco Cut vinyl cutter, but no longer. I don't know if that's the same as you are looking at or not. You can get that same 28" vinyl cutter from the UScutter site for $258.99 and you would have a stand and a warranty. Start price $179.99 + with stand +$70. + $9.00 ship +$258.99 for $20.00 more you could even get a 34"

http://www.uscutter....es+Vinyl+Cutter

shipping is only $9.00 from USCUTTER site, no matter how much you purchase, (excluding LARGE printers, cutters.)

So, you could purchase some vinyl and it will all be shipped for the same $9.00 shipping. much better deal. I think

yeah the machine the lady is selling is an Eco machine. its brand new though.. you honestly think its better to just get it from the website??

the website u linked me to makes me get a software... the cheapest i got the machine and software for came out to $394.... they have one on ebay for $260 i believe with a stand.. 28".. cant i just download software somewhere?

yeah the machine the lady is selling is an Eco machine. its brand new though.. you honestly think its better to just get it from the website??

the website u linked me to makes me get a software... the cheapest i got the machine and software for came out to $394.... they have one on ebay for $260 i believe with a stand.. 28".. cant i just download software somewhere?

You can download Signblazer right now here on the forum. and use it. It is a FREE unlimited trial. you also get a 1 year license to SignCut when you purchase your vinyl cutter from USCUTTER.

Inkscape.org is also a free design program.

It doesn't make you get a software.. It is just an option for other software to purchase. Just enter in NO THANKS.

Your total was $258.99 as I stated.

oh ok i re did it and got it... $278 shipped for the 34" with stand.

but i wonder if i would need a 34" ? i am really only going to be using it for car vinyl.... stickers thats it.

for only $20 more I would take the 34" ... I have a 30" Graphtec and am very pleased with it. I have never needed anything larger, but the size comes in handy when you do need it. You will be surprised what people want , once they know you have a vinyl cutter.

what if i talked the lady down to $150 or lower.... and got the one i have the picture above.. and just got a stand??

what if i talked the lady down to $150 or lower.... and got the one i have the picture above.. and just got a stand??

that's your decision... either way. It doesn't matter to me what you purchase. We are only here to help and give advice.

but do you think it will do the job?? and can u set it on a counter

Have the lady hook it up and run it for you.. I would not purchase a used/new vinyl cutter from someone other than a dealer. without seeing it run very detailed designs. Measure it, and see if it can sit on a counter.

Then buy some vinyl. Ask her if she has some.. She is the one selling it, she should be able to show you it is running correctly. How do you expect to test it, without cutting vinyl? There is no way.. That's like testing a car with no gas in it. And the person just saying "yes", it runs. LOL

haha.. how much does vinyl usually run.. for a small roll.. and thats something u have to order online isnt it

You said "she just kept it stored in her closet because she got a smaller one." (i.e. - this lady is using another cutter)

That means she should have some vinyl, right?

thats what she said. she said she is willing to do $160 firm... i talked her down lol. shes a young lady..

but im going to ask if she can test it with some vinyl.

For $160, you will be OK on this purchase, assuming the unit performs (which it probably should, considering it's "Brand New" and you'll be able to confirm that in a few seconds right there with her) --- bring along a downloaded installer file of SignBlazer on a thumbnail drive, and put that onto her computer (or have it on your laptop that you bring along) and attempt to run that Eco from SignBlazer before money changes hands.

Download for full trial version (free, non-expiring) with many cutter drivers.

Otherwise, you'll have to figure out what software to use to run it.

even good to run it without a stand? or can i get a stand for it?

and she said she didnt have any program to run the machine with. she said $160 for the plotter.

but im going to ask if i can just download a program and see if i can test a piece of her vinyl.

well, there ya go, you will discover right away, you will want a stand.... I can't imagine working without a stand

oh her plotter is a 28''.

http://staugustine.c...2886199629.html

that is her ad ^

Also.... i went to this link and downloaded the signblazer and also some patch file to. it asked me to insert a DVD to burn it?.... how do ikknow im downloading signblazer correctly?

you don't need to burn it. unless you want to... just install it on your computer.