Sign in to follow this  
deceptiveclothing

thermoflex not sticking any ideas?

I bought some thermoflex from signsupply and I mirrored the image got everything all weeded and then took it out to the heat press I got from a neighbor..The heat press is fine I set the temp to about 350F and pressed for about 20 seconds and only certain portions are stickiing..I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or maybe I am doing it wrong if anyone has any techniques? if it should peel away right away. From what I was told as soon as its cool to touch you should remove? any help or feed back would be great..thanks as always in advance people... :crash:

Guest fivestar

Sounds like either a moisture issue or a pressure issue.  Make sure you prepress the shirt and get all the moisture out of it and also make sure you apply enough pressure to it.  I prepress my shirts 3 times for about 15 seconds each time before I press the vinyl onto the shirt to be sure I have all the moisture out of the shirt.  Also I apply as much pressure as possible to close the lid.

you can peel the backing off as soon as you lift the lid back up (hot peel), I know thermoflex says to peel cold but it works better hot peeling it.

I hope this helps.

I personally LOVE Thermoflex Plus, Temps you mentioned is right, it's suppose to be firm pressure and yes can be peeled warm or cold. 

Prepressing like fivestar mentioned is what we do as well, with great results.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Jenny

I had one specific roll of thermoflex that gave me serious troubles. It was a metallic green color. All the other colors I had went well.  I find the siser is much easier to peel, I have ruined a few because the back wouldn't peel on the thermoflex.

Alan

Guest fivestar

I had one specific roll of thermoflex that gave me serious troubles. It was a metallic green color. All the other colors I had went well.  I find the siser is much easier to peel, I have ruined a few because the back wouldn't peel on the thermoflex.

Alan

Did you try peeling it cold?  Thermoflex's specialty vinyl needs to be peeled cold not hot.

I have this problems sometimes. Cold peel usually works if hot peel doesnt

I always peel thermo hot and it works like a charm. i find when you do it cold it's harder to get the transfer off.

Pre-press the shirt first for about 5 seconds to get the moisture out of the cotton.