THier

I have a stupid question about contour cutting

Is a contour cutter also doing the printing? I don't "get" contour cutting. I am assuming the printing is done on a different machine,, but you know what happens when you assume.

Thanks,

Tom

It's not so stupid a question...There are some printer cutter combos that do both..I have a seperate system..Printer and a seperate cutter...My cut/print program places reg marks on the print and sends the same to the cutter...Once it's done printing I take it out of the printer and load it in my cutter..I align the reg marks and tell it to cut..It finds all four reg marks and then cuts my design..

I like my set up because I can cut while I print somethig else..If you print and cut on the same machine then you have to wait for it to finish both before printing or cutting something else..Matter of taste which you like better...

• Like 1

What machines doe your use? Trying to figure out what to buy...thanks much...

It's not so stupid a question...There are some printer cutter combos that do both..I have a seperate system..Printer and a seperate cutter...My cut/print program places reg marks on the print and sends the same to the cutter...Once it's done printing I take it out of the printer and load it in my cutter..I align the reg marks and tell it to cut..It finds all four reg marks and then cuts my design..

I like my set up because I can cut while I print somethig else..If you print and cut on the same machine then you have to wait for it to finish both before printing or cutting something else..Matter of taste which you like better...

So what is required as far as a printer goes? Again,, I ASSUME it requires a special printer? I have google searched,, searched here,, and not finding any specifics.

Thanks,

Tom

The printer is dictated by what you want to print. I use an Epson 1100 or an Epson 1400 and a Roland CAMM 1 Cutter.

The printer is dictated by what you want to print. I use an Epson 1100 or an Epson 1400 and a Roland CAMM 1 Cutter.

So any inkjet will work? With standard inks? I would be concerned about the ink in outdoor applications. Or is the media, vinyl vs paper the key?

Thanks,

Tom

roland versacamm printer cutter.

mutoh printer only

roland camm 1 contour cutter

graphtec ce 5000 contour cutter

these are the top of the line machines for the business uscutter does sell different cutter that will contour cut.

Thank you so much for the information...now decision time.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question directly..I have been away due to having back surgery and being able to stand or sit to get to my computer..

I use a Mutoh 1304 54" printer( top of the line in my op) eco sol ink out door applications.

I also use a 54" FC8000 Graphtec also top of the line cutter

I like the seperate cutter versus the all in one..If one part goes bad in the stand alone your down totaly..If you use sep machines like me, I can cut if my printer goes down or vice versa if any parts go bad on one r the other..

Just my prefernce..I am going to buy a hybrid printer sometime this year to print on flat coro and aluminum as well as roll material..I am going into the direct flat material printing...Working on a bid for one currently..

I got into the vinyl and vinyl printing just over a year ago...LOADS of fun and tons of work to be had..It's a;; about how much you put into it as to what you get out og it...I have been very lucky to get bulk accounts right after getting into the biz..I don;t sell to the public due to mostly keeping very busy with several bulk accounts..

That's my niche and doing great at it..If your going into this as a hobby and have a hobby budget thats kwel to..I did it as a business right from the git go cold turkey.. good luck let us know what you end up with...

Sorry for the delay in answering your question directly..I have been away due to having back surgery and being able to stand or sit to get to my computer...

How are you doing ? I just went to the back doctor & he said i would have a 40-60 % chance of the op making it better & a 40% chance of it making it worse . While you were " away " , did you find out why your " Gal " has not been posting :huh:? :lol::bear::angel::bear:

Gotta have someone taking care of me while lying on my back...LMAO!!!! DUH DUH :lol:

The pain in my lower back is gone..All I have is where they cut me open..It's about an 8" cut..The doc found alot more when he got in there to fix me up..Now he says no more shooting shot guns or hunting duck or nothing thats considered fun for me... :wacko:

I can't wait to stand up strait and not have a back painful to the point I have to take pain meds to function...It's been almost 2 weeks since surgery, so I guess I am doing ok...

.Now he says no more shooting shot guns or hunting duck or nothing thats considered fun for me... :wacko:

Glad you are doing good ... Hmmm , have you told " your " Gal the bad news quoted above :huh:? :lol::bear::angel::bear:

I was having trouble contour cutting as well. What I found was that the software would not handle it. At first I tried Sign Blazer which seems like it has a print and cut feature but I could not get it to work. I then tried another software program but could not get it to work. I then used Flexi and I can contour cut now. I do not have a laser pointer but have to manually line it up (works best with the pen installed). seems to work pretty darn good.

I use a Pcut 24", Flexi and a workforce 1100 printer. In Flexi there is a contour cut option.

When I first bought the cutter I was not really planning on doing contour cutting but now it seems that customer demand has driven me to do that as well.

Jim

Get well soon, my friend...

Thank you I am getting stronger each day..I might go into the office tommarrow for a lil while..I have to interview a new graphic artist..The one I have now is going into business in a different field and has turned in her notice to quit...The day goes on..LOL...Thanks again..

Glad you are doing good ... Hmmm , have you told " your " Gal the bad news quoted above :huh:? :lol::bear::angel::bear:

Well bad news just keeps a coming..One of my print shop designers turned in her notice while I am off for the back surgery..I am gonna interview one tomarrow if I can make it to the shop..As far as you GF from up north , she told me she had spmeone in your neck of the woods she needed to nurse back to health...AND I SUPPOSE you have a big anouncment to make to everyone....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?:huh: LMAO!!!!

I was having trouble contour cutting as well. What I found was that the software would not handle it. At first I tried Sign Blazer which seems like it has a print and cut feature but I could not get it to work. I then tried another software program but could not get it to work. I then used Flexi and I can contour cut now. I do not have a laser pointer but have to manually line it up (works best with the pen installed). seems to work pretty darn good.

I use a Pcut 24", Flexi and a workforce 1100 printer. In Flexi there is a contour cut option.

When I first bought the cutter I was not really planning on doing contour cutting but now it seems that customer demand has driven me to do that as well.

Jim

I use Flexi 10 Pro..It definitly works well with contour cutting and printing...The rip for printing is a little picky at times..But love the program...I bet the lining up for contour cutting is a job.. The reg marks are easy to find with a ARMS cutter..Not sure the accuracy would be there without it..DO you mess a few up at times?