egraphics

Text Effect - how to?

Ignore the actual police officer - how do you accomplish the 2 tone effect which is depcited in the word Police? Any help is appreciated! Photoshop or Inkscape, etc.

X00037_9.jpg

Thanks!

I am sure it could be done with a vinyl cutter using 2 different shades of gray , but having it printed would be the easiest & way better overall as far as looks & durability .IMO .

Yes I have printing capability with a VersaCamm - just wondering how to make this effect in the design process. Thanks!

I have not done any printing , but have played around in Corel . Doing that seemed fairly E-Z with Corel . Every software has a bit of a different way to do things . What the tool or function is called is the biggest problem , software to software it seems . Searching for info about what software you are using is where I suggest starting . Corel come with a huge novel , did you get a book with your software ?

I normally use Photoshop or Inkscape - but hard to research when I am not even sure what this effect is called? Almost like a 2 tone emboss reflection - no idea - any help? Thanks in advance.

Here is a video showing how to do it in VinylMaster - they call it prismatic effects -this is an effect used for printing - not actually for cutting vinyl.

Or as Jay2703 says there are chiseled fonts which are made up of pieces to make the effect in cut vinyl ( or print I guess as well)

Thanks for the video. Yea I am not looking for layering in cut vinyl - this would all be printed for wraps. Just wasn't sure if there is a specific name for this effect and if so how to accomplish it in photoshop or Inkscape.

As far as beveled fonts - I guess I could paint the different sections and increase the dpi and save as a png and import into my design - seems like a lot of work when it seems like a simple effect that could be implemented within any font.