bethj95

designjet 500 42"

so i had posted a week ago that i was confused and i am still confused so right now i have a vinyl cutter that i use a lot and a heat press i would like to get a printer plotter of some sort weather it is just a solvent printer a printer plotter so on and so on there are so many my head is spinning and i am not sure what direction to look there is a designjet 500 42" that is for sell local but i am not sure if that is what i want......so this is what i would like to do to start i would like to be able to print sticker single layer and make mouse pad ect and eventually get a cup and plate press and be able to use it for that and maybe do some wrap stuff for personal use only.............so with the designjet 500 am i looking in the wrong direction i guess is my question???

Thanks

If you are looking at doing smaller things like that I would go with an Epson 1100. I just bought a designjet 800 in the 42" and its really not cost effective to use it for small jobs like you are looking unless the 500 is a huge steal.

I am also a little confused as what to purchase. I have looked into the Epsom WF1100. What exactly does this do? Will it make multi-colored decals on vinyl? Is is reliable? Any information you could give to me would be greatly appreciated. Is the ink expensive? Thank you for your time...Any dealers in Canada?

The 1100 will print directly to water aqueous vinyl. The vinyl isn't much more then regular vinyl. The outdoor durability is rather poor as the sun will fade the ink over time. I have had mine since around November and love it..... I have done 100's of small logos and decals for different things with it. I have even printed some really nice photos.(On photo paper of course)

Thank you for your quick reply. I am seriously looking into this. Just need to find a dealer in Canada. Thanks again...

I did send an email to Richard. He seems like a very knowledgeable and kind person. He said that the Epson WF1100 has not been discontinued. He will send it to Canada, but it will cost me $120.15 shipping, plus duties and taxes, which he didn't know what the cost of these would be. I have a few concerns about all of this. First, what if the printer breaks, who can fix it for me (or advise me how to fix it)? The price is sort of a little concern with all the shipping, duties, taxes etc. before I even get it. I am not sure if this is cost effective. Does anyone know of another printer that could make vinyl decals that I could look into buying in Canada?

Thanks once more for all the help...

I did send an email to Richard. He seems like a very knowledgeable and kind person. He said that the Epson WF1100 has not been discontinued. He will send it to Canada, but it will cost me $120.15 shipping, plus duties and taxes, which he didn't know what the cost of these would be. I have a few concerns about all of this. First, what if the printer breaks, who can fix it for me (or advise me how to fix it)? The price is sort of a little concern with all the shipping, duties, taxes etc. before I even get it. I am not sure if this is cost effective. Does anyone know of another printer that could make vinyl decals that I could look into buying in Canada?

Thanks once more for all the help...

Richard will take care of it.

I looked at the CIS system last night and is it just me or is it cheaper to send my printer to them and have them do it as opposed to just ordering the kit and doing it myself. I am backed into a corner now, my formatter on my designjet 800 died on my and I have some printed stuff to get out the door in the next few weeks.