Sign in to follow this  
KeithKris

Shopping help

I'm considering a cutter primarily for sign making. I would mostly be producing signs for use by my neighborhood association. Since this is more of a "hobby" purchase, I don't want to spend more than I have to, but I also don't want to feel like I wasted my money a year down the road. Can anyone speak briefly on the merits/drawbacks of these three cutters?

MH 34" with stand - $270

SC 34" with stand and laser - $370

TC 25" - $500

I understand that the stand is a good idea to buy from the start. I've heard some people complain about the build quality and tracking of the MH series, is the SC much better? The TC is pretty much the most I would want to spend, and it also has a smaller cutting width, is the loss of width and extra cost offset because the TC is that much nicer of a machine?

I realize this is a uscutter forum, but if anyone has a better recommendation for a cutter in the $500 and under price range that I haven't considered, please let me know as well.

Don't have any info on the first 2 but the TC cuts well and tracks OK as long as you line up the vinyl and run it out to check it. In Fact it cuts amazingly well for a 24" cutter for less than a third of the price of a Graphtec. With that said I purchased a Graphtec after only having the TC for a very short while. I must say it is worth the extra money if you can afford it.

Mark