xstar

New ce5000-60 owner and have a few questions before i try her out.

Can i use a usb extension even though the training video said not recommended?

Do i need to install cutting master if im using flexi?

Thanks guys.

xstar

Run straight from computer to vinyl cutter. If you need a longer USB cable, then purchase one. I think mine is 10 ft. I purchased a different one.

If using Flexi you don't need Cutting Master installed. No reason to, if your not going to use it.

Thanks for the reply, Ran into a few problems,

My cutter only works when i select the ce3000-60 and i get an error when i choose my actual model ce5000-60?

I tried installing the cutter master but flexi doesnt use that...can someone send me the csm file for graphtec that there using?

Thanks for any help.

xstar

do you have the cutter set on HP-GL? It must be there, to use any software other than Cutting Master. Cutting Master is set on GP-GL

Cutting Master is it's own separate software. You use Adobe illustrator or Corel with it.

What version of Flexi are you using?

Got it working on my windows 7 laptop so i copied the csm files from there and put the on my xp system in the flexi output folder and its now working under ce5000-60....Im using flexi 7.6, do you know how i can contour cut my printed designs that i did on my regular desktop printer?

xstar

Got it working on my windows 7 laptop so i copied the csm files from there and put the on my xp system in the flexi output folder and its now working under ce5000-60....Im using flexi 7.6, do you know how i can contour cut my printed designs that i did on my regular desktop printer?

xstar

You will find the contour cut info in your user manual.

Ya i know the manuals are good but allot of times people can explain better and clearer...

Im now trying to dial in the X and Y cutting lenghts to come out exact to measure, I checked the manual but it doesnt say if X is the side to side or Y is? I cut a rectangle 40"x4" and it comes out 40.2"x3.9" i know its not a huge difference but on a larger job it would get worse...

Thanks for your time guys.

xstar

In my Flexi, In Design Central,

X is left to right

Y is up to down

Just think of the positions of the bottom of the letters. Y the bottom points straight X the bottom points left and right. Thats how I remember, havent received my graphtec yet ( will be delivered tomorrow) but I follow any questions on it with keen interest. Certainly seems like Skeeter is the go to gal on any questions relating to it.

Mark

Just think of the positions of the bottom of the letters. Y the bottom points straight X the bottom points left and right. Thats how I remember, havent received my graphtec yet ( will be delivered tomorrow) but I follow any questions on it with keen interest. Certainly seems like Skeeter is the go to gal on any questions relating to it.

Mark

thanks Mark, I just try to help all. :D

• Like 1

thanks Mark, I just try to help all. :D

Oh Skeeter !!! ............... You have done more than try , You have helped more than anybody for years . I ( & I think several more ) get tired of people not searching a bit , or reading thru some to get an understanding , but you have been as helpful as a 3rd hand installing decals on a windy day :lol: to soo many ... Atta gal !!! Jay deserves a Atta boy also for all of his help ... Atta Boy Jay !!! :thumbsup: Everybody that helps deserve credit , but these 2 are the bestest :lol:

Oh Skeeter !!! ............... You have done more than try , You have helped more than anybody for years . I ( & I think several more ) get tired of people not searching a bit , or reading thru some to get an understanding , but you have been as helpful as a 3rd hand installing decals on a windy day :lol: to soo many ... Atta gal !!! Jay deserves a Atta boy also for all of his help ... Atta Boy Jay !!! :thumbsup: Everybody that helps deserve credit , but these 2 are the bestest :lol:

thanks Roger.

and I will add Mark-s (the FONT King.).. I couldn't even begin to count the number of people he has helped with Font ID's... There would be a lot of people still trying to find their fonts, it it was not for him. A big thanks to you on this forum Mark-s Atta Boy Mark-s

4-sure , Mark-S is the Font King !!! BannerJohn has helped more than anybody over the years , but has not been as active as he used to be in posting , but does most if not all the work admnistrating this forum .. Atta boy John !!!.

• Like 1

Yes a lot of folks would be really lost without you guys...