RPMgrafix

Latest Vehicle Graphics

Just finished up an install for a customer and thought it came out pretty good. Figured I'd show it off for you guys. These are custom Toyota Tacoma graphics done for a client that does custom movie prop builds.

Tacoma_Side.jpg

Tacoma_Rear.jpg

What vinyl did you use?

Oracal 751

LOVE IT :rolleyes: Did you design it too? Also, did you put that on as one piece?

Carmen

Yes, I designed it also. It was three pieces, the two sides and the tailgate.

Man thats crazy cool.... You say its 3 pcs, I cant even get wrapped (pun intended) around how meticulous the application process was...

Bruce

That look sick man, is it just cut vinyl or is it printed on a clear wrap material?

That is cut vinyl my friend.

Man thats crazy cool.... You say its 3 pcs, I cant even get wrapped (pun intended) around how meticulous the application process was...

Bruce

Thank you. It definitely was a process, was harder to weed than to apply though. Took about 4 hours total for two of us to completely weed the pieces.

would love to learn this but wouldnt even have a clue where to start hehe

Yes, it certainly appears daunting to the novice, but it's a great example of what is possible with our vinyl cutting machines !!

This thread is an inspiration to me personally, giving me a PUSH to go after these types of jobs in the future.

As for "where to begin" -- I can tell you right now that the best place to start is getting to be an expert at Weeding. (As RPMgraphix says, weeding was the hardest part)

If you are using Signblazer, go into the LIBRARY (Draw menu) and choose one of the complicated items -- then cut it on a relatively small piece of vinyl (4" square or less) -- try doing Sagittarius ("Signs" category, Astrology 3)

About where to start with the artwork? That is something only RPMgraphix can tell us !!!!!

Very nice.. would hate to weed it, but sometimes those are the best.

What cutter did you use? Was it a 48" or a 24" cutter?

I used a Graphtec CE5000-60 24" cutter for the work. Best cutter out there IMHO.

Slice&Dice had some good advice for getting better at weeding. As far as the graphics, we'll that's a little more difficult. I've been a graphic designer for almost 15 years. I have a very extensive vector art library. Just need to come up with an idea and then start experimenting. The more you do it, the more you'll get an eye for it and it'll get easier. As far as the process goes, I generally start out in photoshop with a large image size (at least 600dpi) and create the general image I want in .png format. I'll then import that into Inkscape and then convert it to vector format. I'll then insert that into Signblazer and do any clean-up of the paths and nodes that needs to be done, size it and then cut it. Biggest thing to remember is scale. You should always draw everything at some kind of scale so you know the sizing is proper when your ready to cut. Scale Vehicle templates are also a must.

The fact that it is just cut vinyl is unreal, crazy work!

Thank you.

Another thing to keep in mind Is intricate designs like that require a lot of thought on how you can pull them off. Keep in mind they have to be cut and weeded. I base the designs on that fact and sometimes you have to compromise what you want to do to make it functional. Just food for thought... That particular design probably had close to 20 hours design time from start to where it was ready to cut in Signblazer.