Sign in to follow this  
phaney

Customer Service Gets a Big F

I spend around $1600-$2000 a month with US Cutter and a good percent of the time everything’s great. But lately it seems some customer service skills are lacking. Three weeks ago I ordered some siser easyweed stretch and other items early one morning. At 3:04 that afternoon I get an email saying partial shipment sent and I see the one thing a really needed quick was not sent. So I call, the guy tells me it's being drop shipped from siser. So I ask if they have the regular easy weed in stock, yes they do, can I just switch it? No cause we already sent for the drop shipment. Ok then if I order the regular right now can they get it out in Memphis today? No, they’re fixing to leave in about 5 mins...what??? They get off work at 3:12?? No at 3:30. Really no one is there after 3:30? Nope he insisted it would not be possible. So I told him to forget it I'd get it from another company. Well after I realized that the other Company was going to be a day longer even if it didn't get shipped out of Memphis until the next day it would still be quicker. So I went to the website and ordered it from uscutter. So at 5:06 I get an email that it has shipped out of Memphis?:huh: Really! How on earth did it get shipped when everyone left at 3:30??? I was extremely happy it shipped, but why did the guy have to flat out lie. Plus at this time I didn’t realize that it says on their home page orders placed by 4:30 cst will be shipped same day. Which that doesn’t occur every time either.

A little over a week ago I ordered a purple banner costing $12.99, it shows up last Monday but they sent blue. I emailed customer service right away. Wednesday morning, 46 hrs later, I get a reply asking for some pictures of the banner they sent. Ok that's a bit inconvenient, I have to go back home and get my camera. Sent the picture Wed morning and waited until Thursday afternoon to send another message asking if they had sent the purple banner out? I get a message late that night saying I will get another message with instructions to send the blue banner back. I need to print the fedex label and take it to fedex, which is 45 miles from me. I could also schedule a pick up but that wouldn’t be until the next day. After I get it to fedex I need to email them that it has been sent, they will check the tracking and as soon as they see it’s been sent they will send out the purple. Are you kidding me??? They probable spent more on the shipping it back then they paid for the banner in the 1st place. I didn’t mind sending the other back, but that’s not how it should’ve happened. They should have sent the purple out immediately and scheduled for the other to be picked up. Not to mention the extremely slow customer service, never in any of the emails did they say SORRY, one simple word that makes a world of difference. I ended up getting it somewhere else and keeping the blue one, rather than go thru all the hassle.

Today I placed an order for $180 which immediately showed up debited from my account as UScutter. Then 3 hours later the exact same amount came out of my account again saying Sign Universe. I know they call themselves both but I sure didn’t authorize them to take it twice! So now I have to deal with this L It was after close when I noticed it so I emailed…maybe I’ll get a response this week. I hate calling because you always have to sit on the phone for 15-20 mins listening to that god awful music they play and I’m a busy person, I don’t have time for it.

Like I said most of the time it’s great but with a few customer service skills thrown in there it could be great every time. I really only took the time to post all this hoping someone who does care might see it and make changes to how customers are taken care of.

Well they got back with me pretty quickly last night about the double charge, said it was taken care of and it may take up until today for it to show back up. It's noon and it still hasn't showed. But the order I placed at 1:30 cst wasn't shipped until this morning...so there goes the same day shipping out the window...again! Really should remove that from the website if it's not really gonna happen.

Sounds like normal operations anywhere is this economy. Where I work it is a 15 minute clean up time, and no overtime. You work over you get a write up because my employer holds true to the law here which says if I do anything work related 1 minute after the quater hour they need to pay for the complete next quater hour. So yes many days I find myself saying no as well to everything. Where I work you would not get a answer 30 minutes before close.

May be the guy did not lie? Our UPS enters the building in the warehouse, and does his biz all by himself with no one there.

• Like 1