liquidfusion

Opening .eps files in Inkscape?

Can someone tell me why I cant open .eps files in Inkscape? For instance say I download an EPS file from the forum here and want to combine it with text to create one image, when I try and open the eps with Inkscape I get a "Fail to open" error message.

Bruce

You can open your .eps file in your cutting program, such as Signblazer, Flexi, SignCut. Add your text or do your editing there.

I have the same issue

the post above is telling you how to fix it. you cannot import an .eps file into inkscape. only export So if you are making a file in inkscape save as .eps and .svg. Then you import the .svg back in for edit

the post above is telling you how to fix it. you cannot import an .eps file into inkscape. only export So if you are making a file in inkscape save as .eps and .svg. Then you import the .svg back in for edit

im confused lol....newbie here....if my file is a eps i cant import it into inkscape correct? if not i need to convert it to another type of file...make my changes then turn it back into a esp file and then open in sb?

im confused lol....newbie here....if my file is a eps i cant import it into inkscape correct? if not i need to convert it to another type of file...make my changes then turn it back into a esp file and then open in sb?

Why are you wanting to import it into inkscape. when you can make changes in Signblazer.? What is your reason to import into inkscape? Start there first

Because some of the eps files I have look horrible...thought I would attempt to clean them up?... If I save a picture.off the internet...just jpg image, can I import to inkscape vectorize it then save as a eps....I guess im not exactly sure of the purpose of inkscape. I thought it was to clean up files

Because some of the eps files I have look horrible...thought I would attempt to clean them up?... If I save a picture.off the internet...just jpg image, can I import to inkscape vectorize it then save as a eps....I guess im not exactly sure of the purpose of inkscape. I thought it was to clean up files

yes, you can take a jpeg into inkscape and vector it...and save it as an.eps and a .svg in case you need to do more editing. You can import the .svg back into inkscape.. You can also clean up files in Signblazer...

here is how to vector in inkscape.org

http://start.uscutte...ftware/inkscape