Sign in to follow this  
hagen8492

Silhouette SD Help

I am trying to use a Sihouette SD cutter for some things but I am having problems trying to get clipart (eps files) to import to the library and size to what I want without being distorted. Can someone help me with this please?

Chris

Chris,

Are you having trouble with it bringing in the .eps the right size? or are you having trouble sizing it afterwards without distorting?

What software are you using? Silhouette Studio Pro - I presume since i don't think the basic version works with .eps.

-Mike

Sihouette Studio so probably the basic which I was told worked with .eps. I can't get the .eps files to import then i've gotten it to work somehow once...maybe it was a different format but it get distorted when I tried to enlarge it.

Sihouette Studio so probably the basic which I was told worked with .eps. I can't get the .eps files to import then i've gotten it to work somehow once...maybe it was a different format but it get distorted when I tried to enlarge it.

If an earlier attempt distorted upon enlarging, then it was likely a pixelated image, not a vector like an eps. would be. Does the Silhouette basic software work similar to CraftRobo where one can import a pixelated image (jpg, bmp, etc) and then create a cutting outline?

Is is pixelated? or do you have trouble maintaining the aspect ratio? Tell us how it is distorting.

It may be as simple as using the handles at the corners of the bounding box to manipulate the object.

Is the file one you can post?. I installed the basic software to see if I could help you - don't have a silhouette myself.but could look at the file

Maybe you can manipulate it better in black and white - there was a shadow layer of the text - except for the word by and the ovals were in 2 different colors. You can reconstruct the design after you cut the different parts in different colors of material.

Hope this gets you closer to being able to cut it out.

abwl1color.eps