Sign in to follow this  
charlesnw

sc series origin SOLVED

hey all!

I have had my sc plotter 34 inch for a little over a week made a few small things... i must be doing something wrong i cant seem to get it to set the origin correctly i hit reset and see the us cutter flash on the screen then i hit enter move my origin where i want bottom right of vinyl if im facing the machine and hit enter.

when i send a cut out of flexi starter it wastes about 4 inches of vinyl before it starts cutting if it was 1 inch i wouldnt care but 4 inches every time i make something is gonna cost me a lot of money in wasted material.

now on to problem 2 i made a sign 24" x 36" (artwork was about 20x34) it was a simple text logo i have cut on other machines without issues. i had one big logo about 12 x 30 and approximately 10 small ones nested around it and the words "coming soon". about 10 minutes into cutting the carriage went all the way to the right of the machine and slammed about 30 times into the right side of the machine before i could hit reset. ... how do i make sure it wont do this again ?? im scarred to cut anything big now because of that ...yes im using usb will a keyspan solve the issues ? and yes i have a ground wire connected.

so to recap how do i set the origin and how do i make sure the carriage wont go crazy ??

Thanks,

Chuck

you can try going into default job properties in Flexistarter and change the packet size to 1000kb and the curve quality to medium. And don't use weed lines, if you are. They take up a lot of memory. To get to Default job properties, bring up your cut/plot screen, then at upper left corner is PROPERTIES, click it. now in the tabs at the top is a picture of a blade, click it. You will find the packet size there. and curve quality,

This may help you, but then again, you may be trying to cut too much at one time, and there is not enough memory in the vinyl cutter. Also after each cut, turn off your vinyl cutter and turn it back on, to dump the data from any previous order.

wow if i knew a 24x36 inch image with 13 words on it was too much i would not have bought this... the file is only 220 KB the machine has 1mb of "recyclable" memory i use a 14 year old mimaki all day at work its got 1mb of memory and we have cut files over 65 feet long in one shot without a hitch.. i know i bought a cheap plotter but dang .. lol ill try those settings and see how it does...

anyone out there who can help with setting the origin correctly ?

wow if i knew a 24x36 inch image with 13 words on it was too much i would not have bought this... the file is only 220 KB the machine has 1mb of "recyclable" memory i use a 14 year old mimaki all day at work its got 1mb of memory and we have cut files over 65 feet long in one shot without a hitch.. i know i bought a cheap plotter but dang .. lol ill try those settings and see how it does...

anyone out there who can help with setting the origin correctly ?

I didn't say that was the whole problem. But lack of memory is a big thing in the Chinese cutters, try cutting a smaller amount of decals first and see if that works.

Do you have the cutter grounded to the stand? Static is a big problem. As a test, take the blade holder out of the machine or raise it so blade can't touch the vinyl and run the order. Does it complete the order this way? Or same problem, carriage smashes into the side?

hey all!

when i send a cut out of flexi starter it wastes about 4 inches of vinyl before it starts cutting if it was 1 inch i wouldnt care but 4 inches every time i make something is gonna cost me a lot of money in wasted material

Thanks,

Chuck

When a vinyl cutter starts cutting it doesn't start cutting at the very edge of the vinyl. It goes to where the start of the design is created.

Example, I cut very large decals most 90"-100"L x 20" wide, with my vinyl cutter (Graphtec), and Flexistarter,starts cutting it may travel the vinyl 4 ft before it even starts cutting. Then it moves over all of the distance of the vinyl making the design as it should, then ends up at the origin point on the right side But there is only about an inch of vinyl at the very front that is wasted, not 4 inches. Have you checked all of your settings?, Maybe you are telling it to advance 4" . I don't have a Liyu, but I do know Flexistarter. I have been using it for 6 years.

ive worked at a sign shop for 6 years i run multiple cutters and printers all day with flexi pro signlab and versaworks and none of them do this.

once in a while it seems i push enough buttons on it and i get it to somehow realize i reset the origin but 99% of the things ive cut so far it wastes the 4 inches. thanks for trying though!!

just to follow up i fixxed it .. to set the origin you hit enter then move the origin where you want it and then click select then click enter when its on current .. also the machine running crazy and having write port errors i unchecked in flexi starter under prefrences tools connect over tcp/ip ..

this seems to have fixxed it im cutting a really tight cheetah print pattern right now thats 20x36 and lord nows how many individual tiny pieces and the machine has been running a good 30 - 45 minutes without a single hiccup ..

although i did trace it on a sheet of paper first with the pen .. but it seems to be working great now that i figured out the write port error that was sending the carriage smashing to the left or the right with no rhyme or reason.

can an admin mark this solved ?

• Like 1

just to follow up i fixxed it .. to set the origin you hit enter then move the origin where you want it and then click select then click enter when its on current .. also the machine running crazy and having write port errors i unchecked in flexi starter under prefrences tools connect over tcp/ip ..

this seems to have fixxed it im cutting a really tight cheetah print pattern right now thats 20x36 and lord nows how many individual tiny pieces and the machine has been running a good 30 - 45 minutes without a single hiccup ..

although i did trace it on a sheet of paper first with the pen .. but it seems to be working great now that i figured out the write port error that was sending the carriage smashing to the left or the right with no rhyme or reason.

Man I hope thats what I need. Cant find jack about setting the orgin on the SC. If you press enter it goes right back where it was. Annoying!

done