markitalt

MH Series - Vinyl Movement and Registration Issue

I am just getting into the vinyl business. I am getting my feet wet with a new MH Series cutter. I primarily wanted to do small vinyl decals (some non-intricate 2-color decals), and one to two color heat press vinyl designs for one-off t-shirts.

I have had my share of troubles that others have had installing drivers, getting it setup etc. I've never been able to use the SignCutPro, it just won't cut right. I use SignBlazer, which seems very old-school/barebones, but at least my cutter works properly for the most part when I use it.

MY PROBLEM:

I recently tried to do a 3' long non-intricate design (basically a stripe for a window sign) and haven't been able to get a "square cut". The vinyl in my machine moves a lot and even though I tightened the springs on the clamps, I still find it moving from left to right as it cuts the lines. This happens too on smaller stuff where there is a lot of movement in the vinyl back and forth. I get the marks on the vinyl from the little wheels on the clamps, so I try to not use the center one when I don't have to, but it seems like whether I use all three clamps or just one on each end of the vinyl, I still get this movement issue.

Additionally, I tried to do house numbers the other day and though everything was properly registered in my art file, when trying to place the one color set of cut vinyl numbers on top of the other color, they did not place exactly where they were supposed to (meaning the vinyl must have shifted a bit).

Anyone have any suggestions here? I know I got an inexpensive cutter, but it seemed sufficient for my needs and it just feels like even though it is low end, that the vinyl movement shouldn't be such a huge issue and reason to buy a different/higher end cutter.

Sidebar additional question, anyone have good tips/tricks for registering or placing registered designs on top of one another for installation?

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Sorry to not be of much help. I have the same issue but with a SC Model. I've done the very same steps as you and nothing seems to work. However, my SignCutPro does work (Which was hell, 'cause we never knew exactly what driver was the right one for our plotter... No instructions about that either on any of the documents provided. It was trial and error until one made our plotter work well).

Please, help!!