Sign in to follow this  
markvvq

Bit the bullet

I got the bug to get the Graphtec after I read all the raves about it here. I'm not looking forward to the learning curve though. Seems way more complicated than the Chineese Cutters. I should have it some time next week so I'm sure I will have many questions. I will read what I can before I get it so I might avoid a potential problem. Any suggestions from users would be appreciated. I'm hoping to learn the software with no major issues. I love how willing to help all the members here seem to be.

Mark

Graphtec is a good choice and should be no harder than the Chinese cutter, My results with the Graphtec have been great. There is a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people on here that can help. Three pieces of advice download the manual for your cutter and read it front to back. next if you will be using Signblazer and Inkscape go ahead and read these manuals completely. Next go to Youtube and watch some videos of installations. Than relax you will be fine.

• Like 1

I got the bug to get the Graphtec after I read all the raves about it here. I'm not looking forward to the learning curve though. Seems way more complicated than the Chineese Cutters. I should have it some time next week so I'm sure I will have many questions. I will read what I can before I get it so I might avoid a potential problem. Any suggestions from users would be appreciated. I'm hoping to learn the software with no major issues. I love how willing to help all the members here seem to be.

Mark

Graphtecs are very ez to operate.. and be sure and download the Cutting Plotter Controller, Adjust your Force, Speed, Offset, with the click of a button.. right from your computer.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Graphtecs are very ez to operate.. and be sure and download the Cutting Plotter Controller, Adjust your Force, Speed, Offset, with the click of a button.. right from your computer.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I assume the cutter will come with instructions on where to D/l the Cutting Plotter Controller. What is a good starting force for this cutter. My TC cuts well between 90 and 110. The top speed is 800 and I usually run it between 600-800 except very small lettering, than I drop it to 300-500. I also saw that there are different diameter cutters for this machine. Do I need to concern myself with that? I think I want to try cutting sandblast mask too. I will see if regular vinyl works first. Also I am thinking of trying the cleancut blades too. They are not very expensive and some swear by them. Looking forward to setting up and making it work. Thanks for the support!

BTW, I currently use Corel Draw X5 and sign cut. I haven't tried Sign Blazer and have not explored Inkscape enough to figure it out. I understand Graphtec has their own cutting software. Is it good?

Mark

I assume the cutter will come with instructions on where to D/l the Cutting Plotter Controller. What is a good starting force for this cutter. My TC cuts well between 90 and 110. The top speed is 800 and I usually run it between 600-800 except very small lettering, than I drop it to 300-500. I also saw that there are different diameter cutters for this machine. Do I need to concern myself with that? I think I want to try cutting sandblast mask too. I will see if regular vinyl works first. Also I am thinking of trying the cleancut blades too. They are not very expensive and some swear by them. Looking forward to setting up and making it work. Thanks for the support!

BTW, I currently use Corel Draw X5 and sign cut. I haven't tried Sign Blazer and have not explored Inkscape enough to figure it out. I understand Graphtec has their own cutting software. Is it good?

Mark

The Cutting controller download is on the Disc

You can forget about all those numbers,you rattled off, This isn't a Chinese cutter. Totally different.

I Cut at Speed 5 , and force 10, black and white 11 for colors, offset is 0 ,I don't cut fast. I'm in no hurry.

Force # depends on how you set your blade.

I use Flexistarter. I learned on Flexistarter with my other Chinese cutter. I still use it.

I figured The numbering system was completly different. I have not observed a difference in the pressure of different colors. I think I use to much pressure, especially on heat transfer vinyl. I definately see an outline on the clear film.

Mark

On 2/23/2012 at 11:46 PM, markvvq said:

I figured The numbering system was completly different. I have not observed a difference in the pressure of different colors. I think I use to much pressure, especially on heat transfer vinyl. I definately see an outline on the clear film.

Mark

Maybe it's just me.. and some different brands, Oracal and Avery, 3M I just drop it down 1 for black and white and I'm good.

If you are making a mark on the backing paper, then you are. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely mark on the backing paper.

Everything ive read and seen says you SHOULD be able to see the out line if what you cut on the silicone side of paper after you lift the vinyl. Its also important to realign little bits of vinyl that get lifted up when you weed.

hey mark,

did you get your cutter? what model did you decide on? I am where you were......wanting 1 and doubting I can absorb the meticulous steps to make it do what I want......the learning curve seems steep.......expensive purchase for a machine to just sit and collect dust.......although I have a lot of applications I would love to try......please let me know how everything went from time of delivery......to set up.......and your first download from computer to cutter and if it worked.......did it come with plug ins for illustrator and corel and what cutting software did you get?...look forward to hearing your response

bg